SAU Community

R32 Gtr Indicators Flashing Fast

Hi guys,

I changed all my globes (brakes, reverse, indicator) to Cree led last night. Everything was working like normal till I changed the front 2 indicator and it started blinking really fast.

I understand that it is due to the lower wattage of the LED that causes the car to think a globe is blown or wrong wattage. Hence the rapid blinking.

Anybody has a fix for this? Everything works fine. Just blinks fast.

Please do share.

Pic of the rear with all the LED installed.

post-130368-14332845395578_thumb.jpg

It's the resistance change that throws regular flashers off. Some orange LEDs comes with resistors that you put in line (or can either add your own or change the relay) to add the 'load' to stop hyperflashing.

• Like 3

It's the resistance change that throws regular flashers off. Some orange LEDs comes with resistors that you put in line (or can either add your own or change the relay) to add the 'load' to stop hyperflashing.

So I can purchase the relay that is shared above and replace the stock relay.

Ok I'm going to go with that. Cross fingers. All ok.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

Yeah. But they work pretty ok. Lol is so bright. It doesn't make a difference.

Also doesn't have heat. So can point anyway not worried of heat melting plastic. And it is bright enough. Much brighter than normal globes.

Yeah I know. I was kind of disappointed when I opened the reverse lights. But when I put it on and engaged the reverse. It was definitely much brighter than the originals. So I was happy again. Haha

Yep that relay should be fine.

Those projector style LEDs would be good for reverse, as you want the light projected outwards (to see). For the turn and brakes, I'd rather have something that fires sidewards/backwards so light is reflected off the housing rather than projected outwards (to be seen).

Something like this. Will have to figure out which ones will work best in the housings (Philips make a few different styles now).

But hey, that's just me.

Des, got some more shots of your light output? Looks pretty great.

• Like 1

Yep that relay should be fine.

Those projector style LEDs would be good for reverse, as you want the light projected outwards (to see). For the turn and brakes, I'd rather have something that fires sidewards/backwards so light is reflected off the housing rather than projected outwards (to be seen).

Something like this. Will have to figure out which ones will work best in the housings (Philips make a few different styles now).

But hey, that's just me.

Des, got some more shots of your light output? Looks pretty great.

post-130368-14333228647424_thumb.jpgpost-130368-14333228781001_thumb.jpg

Let me know what other angles you want me to take. I'll get them.

Currently with these reverse lights. It lights up the whole garage. Lol

FYI: You can get a flasher relay from super cheap or autobarn that is non load dependant and will work with any lights. I have all LED and one of these flashers. Just needed to make an adapter harness from the original plug as the flasher relay base isnt the same

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me. 1993 Nissan r32 GTR both front indicators on with headlights. Indicators work as normal but as soon as the indicator self cancels both indicators come back on. Any ideas? Indicator stalk or headlight switch?

Cheers