SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

• 2 weeks later...

Well the dyno didn’t quite go according to plan, the car didn’t blow up or anything stupid thankfully but it had a really bad spark break up. 
IMG_1277.thumb.jpeg.1e5ea56ce1123d71bc41bb61f0d0e6a5.jpeg

the blue line is the 2.6 6466 and the red is the 2.8 6870

At least i got to drive the car home which is the first time since Xmas 2020. Luckily a friend was nice enough to lend me his coils for me to test and it fixed the problem 

IMG_1289.thumb.jpeg.62de884456e2a9dd1e5a3029520b23b7.jpeg

It turns out the old type prp stalks are well known for being an issue so I replaced all the stalks with the new type and the new bracket to suit and that should be job done  

• Like 4

So you're saying the original bracket can't be used anymore with the new stalks?

I reckon I have the same issue, considering I have R35 coils too, I need to gap the plugs under 0.5mm to stop blow out at 1.8bar of boost.

8 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

So you're saying the original bracket can't be used anymore with the new stalks?

I reckon I have the same issue, considering I have R35 coils too, I need to gap the plugs under 0.5mm to stop blow out at 1.8bar of boost.

Yes the bracket is different and needs to be changed as well 

0.5mm is a horribly low gap; I know we don't modify these cars for fuel economy but you are leaving a lot of burn efficiency behind to run a gap that small. Standard is 1.1mm

54 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Is it a height difference or the hole is different?

Keen to know, and I'm sure others would like to ask well.

The hole that the coil drops into is bigger and has a taper on it as an extra way of holding the boot on 

7 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Aids, need a new kit pretty much.

They sell just the boots and bracket as a kit so there’s no need to buy new coils or wiring 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been driving it every chance I get, have done just over 350kms and removed the run in oil. It’s is really nice to drive and the flat shift is fun to use. The 6870 isn’t what I would call laggy, without using full throttle I’ve got positive pressure before 3k and cracking the gates around 4k. I’m still on the run in tune which is on 98 and limited at 6,000rpm 

• Like 4