SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Never been on a jetski, sure it'd be fun but I'd never use it.. barely use my motorbikes and they go on the ROAD!

On another note, what's the normal rise when getting promoted? keeping in mind it's still similar area of work etc.

3%

Never been on a jetski, sure it'd be fun but I'd never use it.. barely use my motorbikes and they go on the ROAD!

On another note, what's the normal rise when getting promoted? keeping in mind it's still similar area of work etc.

Remember how much fun your DRZ was? Picture that on water where you can't really hurt yourself.

Buy one second hand and flog it off if you don't use it? Or a spark, they are like 8k

What shits me about this is the same thing as ticket scalpers

Buy it with the intention of profiting and some true fan who actually wants it misses out

Same thing happened with the 86s, people were selling base model for 40k when there was a waiting list

Ninja 250Rs, people had $1000 premiums on them over brand new, selling second hand

no doubt like the "sold out" 86s plenty of people wont follow through with the orders and they'll pop up, have to be an absolute fool to pay such a premium on a certain to depreciate thing.

I've had anything from 1500 to 25K...

So depends on how good your negotiating and how desperate they are.

Wouldn't call that a rise, a 3% increase is only just above WPI. Any less than that and you're technically getting paid less than you were last year thanks to inflation.

Well that was my pay increase, and other people's that I know of.

In corporate world, your job banding has a min-av-max salary.

Depending on your experience, they will place you somewhere on that scale.

Rule of thumb is to promote & shift you towards the middle of each band.

If you are below average a promotion yields more, if you are above the promotion will be less.

This prevents employees earning more than their bosses which would be a +1 job band jump.

Wouldn't call that a rise, a 3% increase is only just above WPI. Any less than that and you're technically getting paid less than you were last year thanks to inflation.

most people would be lucky to get 2% a year... used to get it when I was on EBA. I can see why management wanted to get rid of it. people who sit there for 15+ years milk the cash bin dry.

most people would be lucky to get 2% a year... used to get it when I was on EBA. I can see why management wanted to get rid of it. people who sit there for 15+ years milk the cash bin dry.

Yep, I don't really persue careers where it flatlines with a 2% increase. To me that just feels like a wasted year, either you should be working to get in a higher position or move companies. Most industries aren't like that though, at least being a contractor it can be easier to negotiate your wage.

Most industries aren't like that though, at least being a contractor it can be easier to negotiate your wage.

as a contractor you can charge whatever you want, just depends on who is willing to pay it. or you can undercut everyone to win work and then charge out the ass for extras.

im happy on my wage, overtime fluctuates a lot so that keeps things changing every few months i guess. havent had a consistent paycheck in a very long time.