SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Good movie.

I need to polish / wax mine but it's so big it'd take me 2 days

Also will be dirty in 2 days, because black.

Edited by UNR33L

Also will be dirty in 2 days, because black.

im actually getting tired of it with the gloria. sometimes its worth it. but when washing the car when its warm or even partial sunlight, its a race against time. Drying/chamois has never been so f**king time consuming AND so important. and mine isnt even daily. dunno how people do it.

found out trying photograph black cars at night in average lighting, with average camera skills is hard.

yeah i washed it the other week on a hot day.. ended up just as dirty when i began almost lol

dried up water dots everywhere, when it's clean looks goooooood though

been toying with the idea of selling one of my bikes, and convincing dad to go halfies build an old rotor, big block or similar with me.. wonder if he'd go for it. (torana, cortina, old mazda, datto 260 etc) club reg it

Edited by UNR33L

^ good move.

Dont go rotar leigh...

First rule of rotaries: know how to build a rotary.

I was reading about the different porting you can do, and blimey it was scary how they can predict the life of the engine down to the 100's of kms (mind you, not too hard when things only last a few thousand of kms)

but .. but.. they're so cool.

wouldn't mind throwing a ford xr6t engine in something too for fun, would only do if dad went halfies doe, dont have teh cash

he restored a valiant charger but sold it a few years ago, was mint :(

Edited by UNR33L

No ones discounting your polishing (pic below was pre-wax), but waxes deepen the shine; you saw the diff once it had it on there

1453064698.7595.iPicit.jpg

Didn't I give you money too lol, cheap labour

Not sure, I was happy with the whiskey. :D

but .. but.. they're so cool.

wouldn't mind throwing a ford xr6t engine in something too for fun, would only do if dad went halfies doe, dont have teh cash

he restored a valiant charger but sold it a few years ago, was mint :(

. I got one of them to restore too, rusty old bucket it is. :(

im actually getting tired of it with the gloria. sometimes its worth it. but when washing the car when its warm or even partial sunlight, its a race against time. Drying/chamois has never been so f**king time consuming AND so important. and mine isnt even daily. dunno how people do it.

found out trying photograph black cars at night in average lighting, with average camera skills is hard.

What sort of coatings on it.. Dry with a good wet micro towel to get the bulk off, ( not a fan of chamois)then spray some quick detailer or something on the towel and go over it again.. Still time consuming but can be done in 10-15mins..

Not sure, I was happy with the whiskey. :D

Haha if you want another, I'll get you to go over Leesh's...it's got a lot of cobwebs and some light marring.

Actually need to get her rear bar re-glasses and gone over too.

Haha if you want another, I'll get you to go over Leesh's...it's got a lot of cobwebs and some light marring.

Actually need to get her rear bar re-glasses and gone over too.

Lol, is that still not fixed...

Lol, is that still not fixed...

No one wants to touch the fiberglass

Have a chicken tonight jar worth of paint though if you wanna glass and spray it

No one wants to touch the fiberglass

Have a chicken tonight jar worth of paint though if you wanna glass and spray it

I did say we could fix it, somehow..

Probably because some numpty fused the bumper the body, it cant be taken off for repair.. But we can patch it up if you want..

Anyway I'm too busy lately to do much.. Haven't washed my own cars for yonks

I have turtle wax :(

got some mad polish tho, well seems decent enough to me (insert OCD meguiars is shit comment here*

You can get a decent finish with megs and mothers, just needs reapplication a bit more often..