SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Bday present from Leesh = surprise Eurotrip

I realise I just pulled a Martin

But I'm trying to dodge the 65 euros or whatever that Travelex want to charge me for exchanging funds

Bday present from Leesh = surprise Eurotrip

I realise I just pulled a Martin

But I'm trying to dodge the 65 euros or whatever that Travelex want to charge me for exchanging funds

Weak present game. Should have bought you more 88E shares

Depending on where you're going you won't need much cash

Get a Citibank debit card and withdraw euros there, is best way

Can do this without a citibank account?

Went with a Commbank card ordered online through netbank in 30 seconds, surprised I didn't think to look there first. The guy at Travel Money Oz was surprised at the rate Commbank gave me for it and said even he couldn't beat it (in spite of their poster advertising "we'll give you $100 if we can't beat a competitor's rate" - apparently this doesn't apply because a Commbank are charging me $15 for the card lol. Thanks for the suggestion!

Raiding Dick Smith for bargains during their closing down is all sorts of win. Only a little cheaper than eBay but you get it straight away so.

tried my local last week, other than a couple phone cables pretty well nothing left.

well they had TV's...so they had the one I bought 12 months ago from JB for 100$ more on their clearance sale than I paid...

and we wonder why they going out of business

(they are about 1 km apart on the same road...so it not a locality thing...)

Raiding Dick Smith for bargains during their closing down is all sorts of win. Only a little cheaper than eBay but you get it straight away so.

Two weeks too slow. Refer to my vultures comment.

Went with a Commbank card ordered online through netbank in 30 seconds, surprised I didn't think to look there first. The guy at Travel Money Oz was surprised at the rate Commbank gave me for it and said even he couldn't beat it (in spite of their poster advertising "we'll give you $100 if we can't beat a competitor's rate" - apparently this doesn't apply because a Commbank are charging me $15 for the card lol. Thanks for the suggestion!

Take them to ombudsman for the lols

Two weeks too slow. Refer to my vultures comment.

Haha I remember someone talking about it, but it was good cause I got items I needed but didn't have yet like some wireless bluetooth/USB headphones, computer speakers and UHF radios.