SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

ok for real estate gurus.

lets say you own an apartment.

body corp finds a prob with the building and lets every-one know they are due for a XX,000 bill.

if you sell prior to them sending you the actual bill do you need to declare this to the new buyer?

could this bite you after settlement.

Selling and settlement - usually 3 months apart. You saying bill is received after settlement?

That's pretty dog if one could get away with it lol

But hey, life aint fair every man for themselves 

Edited by UNR33L

When business's throw out perfectly good pc hardware.. not a bad little bonus bit of a pain in the ass selling it all though 

Still better than 88e :P 

Edited by UNR33L

the body corp received quote for the work and notified tenants what they would be paying.

but the bill is not sent till the works are completed which they have not yet started

51 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

When business's throw out perfectly good pc hardware.. not a bad little bonus bit of a pain in the ass selling it all though 

Still better than 88e :P 

what you got? im in the market for another screen, wireless keyboard + mouse

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f181534818

front and rear centre console for the 4-seater Nissan President. so bawler. rear headphones and RCA input. hook up your PS2 for some GT3 action.

Looks like we have a few share trading gurus in here. 

Anyone want to call out their top picks?

Are you after daytrades, short termers or long term prospects?

I'm not in 88e but might be a decent short term trade, needs to break 4c though 

It's quite volatile at the moment; a daytraders wet dream, as every point it fluctuates is ~3%. Pain in the ass for short and long term holders like myself, as it's being manipulated on the regular to fluctuate it in favour of market makers. Have much evidence of this in screenshots on my phone.

I made a grand in a week of day trading it; this wasn't so much to make me money as it was to guard my long term investment from any fall into the 2's. But the recent spike screwed me over because when I last sold out for a $340 profit, the price continued to go up...forcing me to buy back in at a higher price because I feared it may not come down again - but as you know, picking highs and lows is as easy as lucky as red and black streaks in roulette; pure gambling.

Short term, we may have some significant news coming in August re: seismic photography results that could see it break 4 cents again (I believe 6 cents+) if the news is positive.

There is also the spud of our second well, progress of which alone should create a steady rise.

So there's money to be made for all traders with this one, if you can pick your moments, but I think those who will benefit most are the long termers who are prepared to wait at least a year for the second well to be drilled, results interpreted, and joint venture / buy out deals signed. If that happens as planned, I think the share will be in tens of cents and potentially even $1+ if the price of oil continues to recover (it's had a sizeable slump recently).

To give you an idea of why $1 a share is a long, but plausible shot...there is a conservative 1 billion barrels of oil under the ice and the break even price for fracking it is 39USD/barrel. Theoretically, if the oil can be pumped, for every $1 the price of oil rises above that break even mark, the company assets grow 1 billion dollars in value. There are currently 3 billion shares in market to my knowledge. In 2013 the price of oil was $90+ a barrel. It's a finite resource that if we don't find a technological replacement for in coming decades, will always grow in value over the long term. So to me, price slump or no price slump, one day the resource will be worth shitloads and that is why I think everyone should have some coin in this one...and do their own research.

Not financial advice!

42 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

what you got? im in the market for another screen, wireless keyboard + mouse

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f181534818

front and rear centre console for the 4-seater Nissan President. so bawler. rear headphones and RCA input. hook up your PS2 for some GT3 action.

got a couple of normal desktop PCs with i5's ddr3, basic graphics card 5450 etc. Sorry no screens or kb + mouse! :P 

It's quite volatile at the moment; a daytraders wet dream, as every point it fluctuates is ~3%. Pain in the ass for short and long term holders like myself, as it's being manipulated on the regular to fluctuate it in favour of market makers. Have much evidence of this in screenshots on my phone.

I made a grand in a week of day trading it; this wasn't so much to make me money as it was to guard my long term investment from any fall into the 2's. But the recent spike screwed me over because when I last sold out for a $340 profit, the price continued to go up...forcing me to buy back in at a higher price because I feared it may not come down again - but as you know, picking highs and lows is as easy as lucky as red and black streaks in roulette; pure gambling.

Short term, we may have some significant news coming in August re: seismic photography results that could see it break 4 cents again (I believe 6 cents+) if the news is positive.

There is also the spud of our second well, progress of which alone should create a steady rise.

So there's money to be made for all traders with this one, if you can pick your moments, but I think those who will benefit most are the long termers who are prepared to wait at least a year for the second well to be drilled, results interpreted, and joint venture / buy out deals signed. If that happens as planned, I think the share will be in tens of cents and potentially even $1+ if the price of oil continues to recover (it's had a sizeable slump recently).

To give you an idea of why $1 a share is a long, but plausible shot...there is a conservative 1 billion barrels of oil under the ice and the break even price for fracking it is 39USD/barrel. Theoretically, if the oil can be pumped, for every $1 the price of oil rises above that break even mark, the company assets grow 1 billion dollars in value. There are currently 3 billion shares in market to my knowledge. In 2013 the price of oil was $90+ a barrel. It's a finite resource that if we don't find a technological replacement for in coming decades, will always grow in value over the long term. So to me, price slump or no price slump, one day the resource will be worth shitloads and that is why I think everyone should have some coin in this one...and do their own research.

Not financial advice!

Looks like Birds has found another patsy to pump with 88e hopes whilst dumping his own shares. :P

Don't do it Daz!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Birds said:

Not financial advice!

Agree very volatile especially as it's the reporting period.

i just rode the PDI train :)

Any thoughts on iron? Looks like it's in a long term uptrend? 

Whats going to be the next runner?

6 hours ago, Birds said:

Are you after daytrades, short termers or long term prospects?

More just short termers for now however I'm sitting on a few med termers also.

Would love to find the next micro cap gold runner :) you know of any with good assets sitting on healthy cash on hand? I don't mind sitting on these for a while. Put a few k on and wait and see what happens :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daz said:

Agree very volatile especially as it's the reporting period.

i just rode the PDI train :)

Any thoughts on iron? Looks like it's in a long term uptrend? 

Whats going to be the next runner?

I haven't been involved with metals so couldn't give any useful insights into ore. Is it a long upward trend by way of inflation or can we attribute other variables to it? Silver had that sort of uphill long term run.

What did you do with PDI?

Mining, pharmaceuticals and IT startups are your massive short term gainers, but in a sea of them it's hard to pick which will take off. 88E was once in a lifetime shit for me - small company on the cusp of bug things flying under the radar. Companies no one has heard of that make newsworthy discoveries. That being said, I've witnessed massive gains (without investing in them) from most of the highest talked about shares on hot copper. Many of these companies are hotly discussed because they're in transitional phases waiting for deals to be signed or results or reports. Obviously not guaranteed, but where there's smoke there's fire and if you like a gamble these are fun to get excited over whether you win or lose.

27 minutes ago, Daz said:

More just short termers for now however I'm sitting on a few med termers also.

Would love to find the next micro cap gold runner :) you know of any with good assets sitting on healthy cash on hand? I don't mind sitting on these for a while. Put a few k on and wait and see what happens :)

Nah not up to date with gold either. All about the black gold. But I like diamonds and had LOM on watch when they discovered that massive diamond...were a few opportunities there :(

32 minutes ago, Birds said:

Nah not up to date with gold either. All about the black gold. But I like diamonds and had LOM on watch when they discovered that massive diamond...were a few opportunities there :(

Yeah I traded LOM when that diamond was found then gave everyone grief who was buying up at near 60c :P

• Like 1

I haven't been involved with metals so couldn't give any useful insights into ore. Is it a long upward trend by way of inflation or can we attribute other variables to it? Silver had that sort of uphill long term run.

What did you do with PDI?

Mining, pharmaceuticals and IT startups are your massive short term gainers, but in a sea of them it's hard to pick which will take off. 88E was once in a lifetime shit for me - small company on the cusp of bug things flying under the radar. Companies no one has heard of that make newsworthy discoveries. That being said, I've witnessed massive gains (without investing in them) from most of the highest talked about shares on hot copper. Many of these companies are hotly discussed because they're in transitional phases waiting for deals to be signed or results or reports. Obviously not guaranteed, but where there's smoke there's fire and if you like a gamble these are fun to get excited over whether you win or lose.

Bug things hehe
  • Like 1