SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

50 minutes ago, Odium said:

did lol @ loading up the auto with the handbrake... It's one step away from a powerglide 2 speed

you mean, transbrake.

5 minutes ago, emts said:

yeah bad news for you...

were travelling fast enough to get any body roll.

http://sau.loudsx.com/ForesiteJuly16/

couple clips there.

links dont work

3 hours ago, Rekin said:

Haven't spent or lost anything yet, just my time pulling apart the engine.

The rb25 may still be on the cards...

Price drop

50 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Engineering, front brakes, nistune, injectors, turbo & splitfires would need to be done as well...

More cost effective to get the 20 singing.

For someone who's owned his 32 for like 100 years you really are a tight arse...

Just now, Borci88 said:

For someone who's owned his 32 for like 100 years you really are a tight arse...

$2000 engine/loom + $1200 gearbox + $400 brakes + $600 engineering + $400 splitfires + $1500 turbo + $600 injectors + $500 nistune + $500 tune + $600 hoses/misc

Not going to spend $8600 when I can get my car running for $2k and re-use my turbo/injectors/splits/nistune :)

Just now, Borci88 said:

Why do you need Splitfires, Turbo, Injectors, Nistune, Tune... It's going to be faster than your 20 in every way in 100% stock form... 

230kw with my current setup vs. a 170kw stock rb25.

Even so, it will cost me $5k to drop in a stock rb25 setup as opposed to keeping my 230kw for $2k

My 33 GTST did 199rwkw with an exhaust lol. Even then that would be LEAPS AND BOUNDS above a 230kw RB20. It would be leaps and bounds above a 290kw RB20 in comparison. Peak power means shit when you have to wait till 8k to use it on the street. 

10 minutes ago, Borci88 said:

My 33 GTST did 199rwkw with an exhaust lol. Even then that would be LEAPS AND BOUNDS above a 230kw RB20. It would be leaps and bounds above a 290kw RB20 in comparison. Peak power means shit when you have to wait till 8k to use it on the street. 

but rb20 for lyf

1 hour ago, Rekin said:

Engineering, front brakes, nistune, injectors, turbo & splitfires would need to be done as well...

More cost effective to get the 20 singing.

Gotta look at the long term benefits and potential for future upgrade. Also shaving nearly 6-7+ years off the engine age. Resale value will be slightly increased. General reputation amongst VWLers etc.

7 minutes ago, Birds said:

Gotta look at the long term benefits and potential for future upgrade. Also shaving nearly 6-7+ years off the engine age. Resale value will be slightly increased. General reputation amongst VWLers etc.

Legit the only thing that matters though

32 minutes ago, Rekin said:

but rb20 for lyf

Yah but yours is ded... Most likely because it's been forced into making 230kw and it kurt cobained in retaliation.

Stop grieving, start making 2.5L torque...

• Like 3