SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Back half has HKS cast in it

Front has garret m24 cast in

Wtf?

I cant read the small plate just says garret japan in the top corner

The plate will say the model number of the turbo. Anything else will be just guessing.
  • Like 1

I bought a $3200 mattress about 5 years ago when I moved into my place... 100% latex, no springs etc etc...supposed to be good.

Can't remember how long it took because I've left it so long, but it sagged, and now I pretty much wake up sore every morning.. Comfortable feeling bed, but obviously not doing it's job..

So now I'm finally going through the warranty process... Expecting a call on Monday to arrange a time for them to come and inspect it. They should replace it, but then I'll have to go through the process of choosing another mattress... Most people can sleep on whatever and feel better than I do on a daily basis, unfortunately I'm not that lucky... so it's a big decision..Which obviously needs to be made in a timely fashion

Never understood how something that 'conforms to the shape of your body' is a good thing...

If you need a stiff mattress to support you, then something that conforms to your shape, would imply it sinks in all the spots you'd normally be sinking on a mattress that isn't supporting you...

1 hour ago, dezz said:

I bought a $3200 mattress about 5 years ago when I moved into my place... 100% latex, no springs etc etc...supposed to be good.

Can't remember how long it took because I've left it so long, but it sagged, and now I pretty much wake up sore every morning.. Comfortable feeling bed, but obviously not doing it's job..

So now I'm finally going through the warranty process... Expecting a call on Monday to arrange a time for them to come and inspect it. They should replace it, but then I'll have to go through the process of choosing another mattress... Most people can sleep on whatever and feel better than I do on a daily basis, unfortunately I'm not that lucky... so it's a big decision..Which obviously needs to be made in a timely fashion

That sounds a bit cheap for a latex...when I was looking at those years ago they were a 5k+ proposition. Went all the way up to $10k for coconut fibre shit.

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Never understood how something that 'conforms to the shape of your body' is a good thing...

If you need a stiff mattress to support you, then something that conforms to your shape, would imply it sinks in all the spots you'd normally be sinking on a mattress that isn't supporting you...

They pretty much aren't a good thing, as most have terrible postures. Even posture correcting mattresses are built on the assumption that no one moves about in their sleep, or that they lie down in the same position every night, otherwise you could hinder it.

When I asked the beds for backs salesman what happens if I sleep on my stomach or move around (which I used to do for years) - he pretty much laughed off the idea so I laughed off his commission.

3 hours ago, 32JET said:

What's different about the intake comp wheel? I had a look at it the other day...
I couldn't see Nissan written anywhere either

Yeah if Nissan isn't on there then the whole turbo is aftermarket, not just the rear housing and CHRA. Sounds like you guys have sussed out what turbo it is anyway, but you can visually compare the comp wheel to a pic of a standard one or measure diameters. Will give a rough idea of what sort of power you can chase with it.

Either way, your stock 25 isn't so stock anymore...you generally don't chuck a turbo like that on there and not boost it.

been doing some research on the mattresses, most manufacturers tell you f**k all about the mattress or what options there are. feel like im going to enter a shop and be completely overwhelmed.

so far my list is: regular queen (cause my current shitty mattress is the width of queen but length of double and none of my f**king sheets fit it properly), firm, cold/not hot, must have springs of some description (based on dezz's experience). lol thats all i got. Not sure on a topper, or if i want it to be gel or memory or whatever the f**k. I can sleep on my back with just a 1" thick foam mat, so not fussed on comfort I just want it to last and not melt in summer.

Yeah if Nissan isn't on there then the whole turbo is aftermarket, not just the rear housing and CHRA. Sounds like you guys have sussed out what turbo it is anyway, but you can visually compare the comp wheel to a pic of a standard one or measure diameters. Will give a rough idea of what sort of power you can chase with it.

Either way, your stock 25 isn't so stock anymore...you generally don't chuck a turbo like that on there and not boost it.

Its running 12psi according the to the gauge.
But i didnt want to turn it up anymore.
Running stock ecu. Had nistune ecu but runs basically the same as stock if not a little better on stock ecu. It will definitely need a dyno tune with the nistune ecu.

Spose i should get a bigger cooler too.
Old owner said its a r34 side mount but I dunno how to tell.

Its running 12psi according the to the gauge.
But i didnt want to turn it up anymore.
Running stock ecu. Had nistune ecu but runs basically the same as stock if not a little better on stock ecu. It will definitely need a dyno tune with the nistune ecu.

Spose i should get a bigger cooler too.
Old owner said its a r34 side mount but I dunno how to tell.

They pretty much aren't a good thing, as most have terrible postures. Even posture correcting mattresses are built on the assumption that no one moves about in their sleep, or that they lie down in the same position every night, otherwise you could hinder it.

When I asked the beds for backs salesman what happens if I sleep on my stomach or move around (which I used to do for years) - he pretty much laughed off the idea so I laughed off his commission.

In High school when my insomnia was even worse than it is these days, I used to only be able to fall asleep on my stomach... Very comfortable way to sleep apart from f**king your neck up... Always wanted a massage / chiro bed to sleep on as the face hole makes it perfect... Obviously in a standard bed form though..

These days if I get in bed and try to fall asleep on my back, unless I'm exhausted, it's not gonna happen.. On my side is the best bet but usually wake up sorer...

Those tempur mattresses advertise themselves as moulding to the body etc, and I think they're in the $10k+ sort of price range... (don't quote me on that as I've never looked into them, just what I've heard)

Either way, assuming they aren't cocksuckers and honour the warranty on mine, I'm not looking forward to choosing another one. Granted my body is a piece of shit so I'm probably never going to wake up feeling good... But hopefully I can achieve a less f**ked up feeling than I've got now