SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

2 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

what is laid up cover what happens if you crash it on the road? 

1k seems steep if it's just garage cover.. why not just get 3rd party fire and theft? 

hell my fpv is like 1k for full comp at market value 

I think I'm covered for very limited use, but it's mostly for cars that aren't driven. Thought it would be a good idea while it's being built and then I'll switch to full comp once on the road.

Problem with third fire and theft is Just Cars will only do up to $10k value (it's still $400 with a $900+ excess) and you're not covered for someone damaging or vandalizing your car I don't think.

Wish you could just insure yourself as a driver and not your vehicles.

Ah righto - fair enough.

Car question, got quoted $300 by a shop to fit up some new front brakes, (calipers / rotors) they are supplying the brake fluid and reckons he needs the car for 2.5 hours. Sound about right? Was referred by a friend so assuming he'd half look after me.

Yes I know I could put them on myself but don't have the right tools for the job. 

Ah righto - fair enough.

Car question, got quoted $300 by a shop to fit up some new front brakes, (calipers / rotors) they are supplying the brake fluid and reckons he needs the car for 2.5 hours. Sound about right? Was referred by a friend so assuming he'd half look after me.

Yes I know I could put them on myself but don't have the right tools for the job. 

Could buy the right tools for $300

/weakexcuse

I think I'm covered for very limited use, but it's mostly for cars that aren't driven. Thought it would be a good idea while it's being built and then I'll switch to full comp once on the road.

Problem with third fire and theft is Just Cars will only do up to $10k value (it's still $400 with a $900+ excess) and you're not covered for someone damaging or vandalizing your car I don't think.

Wish you could just insure yourself as a driver and not your vehicles.

Just cars is $625 excess for fire and theft
I know cos I paid it a few months ago