SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Pretty much, only ever see people posting up their winning tickets eh.

Anyone know the law behind renting? A friend has just moved in a week ago to a place but there's a LOT of shit that doesn't work or is problematic, stove doesn't work, oven doesnt work, toilet leaks pretty badly, taps drip, some lights don't work, TV antenna on the house doesn't work & pick up 0 channels with rabbit ears to name a few. What's the likely hood of leaving? Would they loose the whole bond and months rent paid in advance? or is there a cooling off period? I've never rented so got no idea. 

I mean I know stuff can be fixed, but shit takes time and headaches plus they're not in love with the place to begin with. 

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

Watched the 'fight' because I was sitting in my car waiting for some people, wouldn't have watched it otherwise... People get excited over that? Some of the most boring shit I've ever seen

3 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Alvarez done in the second, really thought it was gonna be longer. KO is a KO though, so I'll take that one.

I think I just gotta stop gambling haha seems like everyone keeps quiet when they lose. Which is often.

He was shook from the press conferences, didn't stand a chance. McGregor's reach and unorthodox fighting style didn't suit him at all. You'd call it a mismatch if it wasn't a championship match.

Worth it for McGregor's talk post-fight. Brings the lulz.

And yes people don't brag about losses. There is somehow shame attached to losing at gambling but an err of cleverness to winning?

3 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Pretty much, only ever see people posting up their winning tickets eh.

Anyone know the law behind renting? A friend has just moved in a week ago to a place but there's a LOT of shit that doesn't work or is problematic, stove doesn't work, oven doesnt work, toilet leaks pretty badly, taps drip, some lights don't work, TV antenna on the house doesn't work & pick up 0 channels with rabbit ears to name a few. What's the likely hood of leaving? Would they loose the whole bond and months rent paid in advance? or is there a cooling off period? I've never rented so got no idea. 

I mean I know stuff can be fixed, but shit takes time and headaches plus they're not in love with the place to begin with. 

Eh...have to give landlord opportunity to fix and they have to fix within a certain time period from when you make the complaint. If it's an emergency item (those aren't btw), you can get fixed yourself and bill the landlord for it.

I'm not sure if you can negotiate a lower rent payment until problems are fixed or get reimbursed for the inconvenience, but you legally have to pay the rent or you risk breaking the lease (the broken shit doesn't break the lease unless they never fix). Real estate agents are generally pretty good about getting problems sorted if you stay on their backs. If they don't fix then you could go to VCAT and break the lease without penalty, getting bond and any pro-rata rent paid in advance back.

Not good to just leave a place if you plan on contuing to rent as you cop a black mark on your rental history.

I wouldn't rent a place older than 10 years because fk dealing with all that.

1 hour ago, UNR33L said:

Sussing out possible club rego cars when I came across this beauty 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-MX-5-1990/SSE-AD-4257855/?Cr=5

"Would make a good drift car"

What's with this being the latest bullshit line people tack onto their for sale ads these days? Amazing the number of potential D1 winning cars out there just waiting to be drifted

"Would make a good drift car"
What's with this being the latest bullshit line people tack onto their for sale ads these days? Amazing the number of potential D1 winning cars out there just waiting to be drifted

"Could be turned into a show car or a race or drift car or just daily drive car."

I guess 'turned into a shit car' has already been achieved.
What a pointless statement, may as well say it can be turned into a f**king wombat.
  • Like 3

Haha vin diesel would be proud of that mx5. Not.

And Leigh, house is supposed to be in liveable condition when you move in. I only know of running+hot water, heating and elec that are in that category. They should be given a condition report when they move in, the agent has to tick off a bunch of stuff and take photos of existing damage. Tenants need to cross-check that and add anything the agent has missed. In this case you would contact them via email AND phone, just say if stuff doesn't started to get sorted by the end of the week, they'll take it up to a higher authority (I dunno who... The tenants agreement people who handle bonds I guess)

I used to think UFC was just homo wrestling and grapples, but now that I've been following it, even the most "boring" fight is tense. You can see what they're trying to do or avoid, strategies for control or positioning, plus trying to weasel out of certain positions. It's short and exciting. Check out the Weidman fight yesterday... Nothing particularly exciting, everyone thinking the he has control and an upper hand, then boom. Cuban Olympic wrestler jumps OVER weidman going for a takedown and takes out his head. Completely out of nowhere.
For flat-out entertainment, the lighter weight categories don't really deliver. It's the same with boxing.

10 hours ago, Birds said:

Eh...have to give landlord opportunity to fix and they have to fix within a certain time period from when you make the complaint. If it's an emergency item (those aren't btw), you can get fixed yourself and bill the landlord for it.

I'm not sure if you can negotiate a lower rent payment until problems are fixed or get reimbursed for the inconvenience, but you legally have to pay the rent or you risk breaking the lease (the broken shit doesn't break the lease unless they never fix). Real estate agents are generally pretty good about getting problems sorted if you stay on their backs. If they don't fix then you could go to VCAT and break the lease without penalty, getting bond and any pro-rata rent paid in advance back.

Not good to just leave a place if you plan on contuing to rent as you cop a black mark on your rental history.

I wouldn't rent a place older than 10 years because fk dealing with all that.

I forgot to mention that the heater AND air con doesn't work too, basically I don't think anyone has lived in there for a few years and now nothing works. Like can't cook, can't stay warm, not really what you want. The person isn't even staying there at the moment. I said the same thing just gonna have to crack it at the agent hard.