SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Pretty much, only ever see people posting up their winning tickets eh.

Anyone know the law behind renting? A friend has just moved in a week ago to a place but there's a LOT of shit that doesn't work or is problematic, stove doesn't work, oven doesnt work, toilet leaks pretty badly, taps drip, some lights don't work, TV antenna on the house doesn't work & pick up 0 channels with rabbit ears to name a few. What's the likely hood of leaving? Would they loose the whole bond and months rent paid in advance? or is there a cooling off period? I've never rented so got no idea. 

I mean I know stuff can be fixed, but shit takes time and headaches plus they're not in love with the place to begin with. 

Sounds like he needs a plumber....hit me up

Also are they renting through an agent?

My sister is trying to get out of her lease at the moment cos the place keeps getting broken into and robbed.. apparently unable to sleep isnt a good enough excuse to terminate a lease lol

Yea thats f**ked, and yeah through an agent. The thing is with inspection you don't turn on the stove, or flush the toilet and check that the heater works do you? I guess after this shit probably should..  

Ah well kinda not my problem, too scared to move somewhere and rent my joint out now though. 

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Yea thats f**ked, and yeah through an agent. The thing is with inspection you don't turn on the stove, or flush the toilet and check that the heater works do you? I guess after this shit probably should..  

Ah well kinda not my problem, too scared to move somewhere and rent my joint out now though. 

that's always on my list of things.

check water pressure check water clear, heating, cooling hot plates,  usually not oven as takes too long

windosw doors open close

29 minutes ago, Jonnoo said:

If its through an agent then the agent will send someone to fix everything and bill the owner
Right?

Yeah issues were reported Friday and follow up call today ended with 'maintenance guy will be in touch soon' I just said call the agent every day to annoy him / get it done 

• Like 1

I used Gen 1 of this about 8-9 years ago

lasted 6 months and moved to cable.

should be much better these days with 4g LTE however.

Whats the Optus phone signal strength where you want to put the router?

looks like it is basiclly trying to compete now with the NBN LTE but much slower.

1 hour ago, emts said:

I used Gen 1 of this about 8-9 years ago

lasted 6 months and moved to cable.

should be much better these days with 4g LTE however.

Whats the Optus phone signal strength where you want to put the router?

looks like it is basiclly trying to compete now with the NBN LTE but much slower.

yeah seems they cap the speeds a bit, about 3/5 bars on 4g last time I was there and looked at my phone.. it's either this or ADSL, just thought this might be good for moving / camping / what ever

that was my theory as well.

but the service just didn't work at the time.

12Mg is pretty slow

is the adsl 2+ or 1?

also from experience the ping times are a bit crappy so if your gaming might be an issue

Get a high data phone plan and hotspot if you need it on the go? I've gamed off my phone 4G without too much issue. Didn't notice a lot of ping difference but I'm running my home internet off powerline adaptors so I'm prolly used to the response difference.