SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I've heard all the stories, just think the ads are terrible. I also highly doubt the kind who act out violently towards those helping them are the type of rational minded people who will pay attention...not unlike domestic violence campaigning.

But people need to be made aware. It happens way too often. That, and the decline of people wanting and training to be paramedics because of the shit they have to deal with. They're out there to save lives, not fight assholes on drugs, or deal with the crackheads who want a lift to the shops. Yes there are people who call the ambo for lifts.

12 minutes ago, Trex said:

But people need to be made aware. It happens way too often. That, and the decline of people wanting and training to be paramedics because of the shit they have to deal with. They're out there to save lives, not fight assholes on drugs, or deal with the crackheads who want a lift to the shops. Yes there are people who call the ambo for lifts.

Preaching to the choir mate, I've dated nurses and my friends are paramedics...like I said, I've heard the stories. The narrative of the ads is "and this is how you treat me", not "how they treat me". Public awareness not going to stop ice addicts or the mentally ill from lashing out at people, angry family members etc. It's sadly always been part of the job and getting worse because of drugs etc. These are inherently violent people or not of sound mind. Money better spent on security measures to protect said people; equip them with the powers and tools to better deal with those situations IMO.

Preaching to the choir mate, I've dated nurses and my friends are paramedics...like I said, I've heard the stories. The narrative of the ads is "and this is how you treat me", not "how they treat me". Public awareness not going to stop ice addicts or the mentally ill from lashing out at people, angry family members etc. It's sadly always been part of the job and getting worse because of drugs etc. These are inherently violent people or not of sound mind. Money better spent on security measures to protect said people; equip them with the powers and tools to better deal with those situations IMO.

#tasersforparamedics

16 hours ago, TiTAN said:

More fasts.

Will take it down the road for an Apr stage 1 flash in a few weeks.

Fiesta ST go alright

If my mrs had money shed get one (no im not buying her a car)

Are the number of hard drug-dependant users actually increasing?
I've never once thought to myself, wow, there are a lot more druggies here than 5-10years ago. And that's in the city, St kilda, morwell/moe, Collingwood, Frankston etc.

Edit: OK, done some digging.

Illicit drug hospital visits, see page 2: https://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/ndarc/resources/NDARC Drug Trends Hospital Bulletin 1993-2014.pdf
1993-2014. Amphetamine hospital visits have noticeably increased from 2010-2014. The increase visits were from dependence. The small rise in Cannabis hospital stays was also from dependence. Everything else was fairly stable. Peak in opioid hospital stays in 1997-2000 was mostly from poisoning. Well there ya go.

National Drug Household Survey: http://www.aihw.gov.au/alcohol-and-other-drugs/data-sources/ndshs-2016/key-findings/

All drug usage from 2001-2016 is down. However, survey was only done by like 24,000 people, and not sure if that was 2001 or 2016 or combined. Anyway, interestingly, "People’s perceptions of meth/amphetamines changed considerably between 2013 and 2016. Australians now consider meth/amphetamines to be more of concern than any other drug (including alcohol) and a greater number thought of it as the drug that caused the most deaths in Australia"

National Drug Arrests statistics: https://www.acic.gov.au/sites/g/files/net1491/f/2016/08/010-statistics-acic-iddr-2014-15.pdf?v=1470180285

2010-2015, 62-59% of all illicit drug arrests were related to cannabis. 15-26% were amphetamine-related. 3-2.5% related to opioids. Arrests increased from 85,000 to 133,000 a year. Interesting.

People moving from speed to ice and ice becoming a regular or dependence drug rather than recreational use, has increased from what I've read.

I think hospitals are seeing more incidence of it too, even if general use of the drug in the broader population hasn't increased substantially.

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Dont save junkies lives > less junkies to attack paramedics > more paramedics in the system > better paramedic response times for non junkies

I would agree with this but their Hippocratic oath dictates they'll even save the life of a terrorist

One of my friends was called to an OD for the same person three weeks in a row, now that's a waste of resources

Fiesta ST go alright
If my mrs had money shed get one (no im not buying her a car)

I had a stage 1 flash on the fiesta for ages but it means you have to use 98, otherwise it's perfectly happy to use cheap e10 on the stock tune.

It was holding its own against a stock wrx in a drag all the way to 160 down the straight at Wakefield Park. Used you can pick up a my14 with a little warranty left for $16-17k. Uses about 7.5-8L/100km around town, rego and insurance are cheap too as it's an 1100kg econobox.

Interior and stereo are surprisingly nice too given its price. Dem recaro seats.

88E taking a sharp kick in the nuts for no rational reason other than a lack of news expected for the next couple weeks. It did this last time we drilled a well, so kind of expected this to happen a couple weeks ago but it didn't...better late than never right lol

Some people did convert millions of options so they might have sold to profit take

Other than this the only possible explanation is that dezz bought some more shares

5 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Who had that awesome sig? "GTR offset is like saying Stage 2 mods: it means you are of the ghey"

Me

Hamish with the assist / original post