SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

On the subject of e-bikes.

Surely they're expensive as everyone first looked, although there's a couple of benefits - no licence and registration is needed until the government decides it is needed which won't happen I reckon as it's still a "bicycle"

No license, insurance or fuel/maintenance costs. Although $4k upfront I wouldn't think there would be much running costs after this. Just plug & play.

So finished moving house over the last 2 weekends.. f**k doing that again for a while!! 

Hired a truck for the big main shit in the end, man those things are stressful to drive with the height, visibility etc. was close to taking out the gutters on my house didn't realise it was so tall. They are also SLOW AF flat foot and you barely make lights and normal cars pull away lel. 

Ebike vs motorbike the decision is simple, if you are just using it for work commute <10km without freeways / high speed needed then Ebike all the way. Motorbike if high speed and you plan on riding through the hills on the weekends and making a hobby out of it & joining the community. Don't forget 1k at least for semi decent gear. 

Edited by UNR33L

No license, insurance or fuel/maintenance costs. Although $4k upfront I wouldn't think there would be much running costs after this. Just plug & play.

Yep, upfront costs are quite high, same with current corp of electric cars.

It'll get cheaper over time or if you're prepared to go s/hand.
  • Like 1

So finished moving house over the last 2 weekends.. f**k doing that again for a while!! 
Hired a truck for the big main shit in the end, man those things are stressful to drive with the height, visibility etc. was close to taking out the gutters on my house didn't realise it was so tall. They are also SLOW AF flat foot and you barely make lights and normal cars pull away lel. 

Should have paid someone to carry your shit and drive them.

36 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Should have paid someone to carry your shit and drive them.

meh was only like $200 for the day which I would of spent moving the little stuff too anyway 

new crib is in Vermont, Birds move back home so we can hang brah. 

Renting, don't wanna know how much I'm paying.. lel. Also 6 weeks bond (because new) was robbery. 

Yeah it's pretty nice, horses and shit 100 meters down the road good little pocket near boronia road / eastlink & good bush to walk the dog. Basically a 3 bedroom new townhouse. 

We would need 2 episodes for Dezz's house amiright 

One of the main reasons of moving, dat dere double garage: 

22553578_10154963435073779_1303904973_o.

Edited by UNR33L

57 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

meh was only like $200 for the day which I would of spent moving the little stuff too anyway 

new crib is in Vermont, Birds move back home so we can hang brah. 

Why V-town? Pretty close to your folks now. You can go yabbying in the dell. Will swing past next time I visit the olds.

Loving my freeway access in the south east though. Aaron/Sunkist and I just realised we live 2-3 mins from each other  now - car working bees coming right up.

22 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Renting, don't wanna know how much I'm paying.. lel. Also 6 weeks bond (because new) was robbery. 

Yeah it's pretty nice, horses and shit 100 meters down the road good little pocket near boronia road / eastlink & good bush to walk the dog. Basically a 3 bedroom new townhouse. 

We would need 2 episodes for Dezz's house amiright 

One of the main reasons of moving, dat dere double garage: 

22553578_10154963435073779_1303904973_o.

I thought my double was small - is that a 5.5 x 6 and your car just takes up a shitload of it?

Why V-town? Pretty close to your folks now. You can go yabbying in the dell. Will swing past next time I visit the olds.
Loving my freeway access in the south east though. Aaron/Sunkist and I just realised we live 2-3 mins from each other  now - car working bees coming right up.

Eastlink?

12 minutes ago, Birds said:

I thought my double was small - is that a 5.5 x 6 and your car just takes up a shitload of it?

Yeah really close to your folks let me know when you are around, we chose V-town because closer to work basically & near the freeway. 

Nah it's actually a pretty decent size it's just my car is parked way over in the middle of it so doesn't look it. there's a fair bit of space in front of my car with a work bench too, my cars 5 meters long don't forget (nohomo)

That photo is basically taken from the kitchen. 

Edited by UNR33L

11 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

I like Finnegan from roadkills garage, the whole bottom level of his house is garage/workshop/storage space. Would be hard to get that approved by the council though I would think.

Dad got a pit built into his garage when they built their place in 1990 still works awesome for low cars / oil changes etc 

58 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

Eastlink?

Monash and the south gippy, but not far from eastlink either.

Basically I can get anywhere reasonably quickly. Except the city. But on a good traffic day that would still be only ~40 mins.

1 hour ago, UNR33L said:

Yeah really close to your folks let me know when you are around, we chose V-town because closer to work basically & near the freeway. 

Nah it's actually a pretty decent size it's just my car is parked way over in the middle of it so doesn't look it. there's a fair bit of space in front of my car with a work bench too, my cars 5 meters long don't forget (nohomo)

That photo is basically taken from the kitchen. 

Protip for garage kitchen access...get a storage tub from bunnings and put it just inside the garage near kitchen door. So handy to throw bottles/cardboard/paper/fingernails into.