SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Are there tenants lined up for place in Clayton/Westall place? Good price for the place?

Being in an over-priced rental is like a constant source of frustration. Friend of mine managed to get $330/wk for a dump in doveton he has tidied up a little bit and shares land with a small granny flat out the back that he also rents out. Rentals gone nutso.

2 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Are there tenants lined up for place in Clayton/Westall place? Good price for the place?

Being in an over-priced rental is like a constant source of frustration. Friend of mine managed to get $330/wk for a dump in doveton he has tidied up a little bit and shares land with a small granny flat out the back that he also rents out. Rentals gone nutso.

Not sure yet it's only just gone up online no inspections yet, it's up for $420/week 

40 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Not sure yet it's only just gone up online no inspections yet, it's up for $420/week 

Is that going rate in that area?

Old place in FTG was $400 a week house worth about 600-650k. I think they put it back up for that, too.

17 minutes ago, Birds said:

Is that going rate in that area?

Old place in FTG was $400 a week house worth about 600-650k. I think they put it back up for that, too.

More or less yeah, that's what the property manager reckons.

It's decent location wise close to monash uni / hospital / train station and a fair few jobs & industrial around too 

Doesn't take too long to get to the city from there when you jump on the train 

Edited by UNR33L

Not that I've been inside, but given the location and my rental history in Clayton, it seems pretty fair.

Fingers crossed it doesn't stay vacant for too long. But whatevs, you're contributing to that younger gen of own investment property/rent somewhere nicer demographic [emoji14]
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong I loved living there it's just time me and the mrs moved in together rather than paying for 2 separate houses, wasn't an option for her to live with me either. No backyard for dog and too far from her work. I wasn't gonna move into her shitty Heidelberg west rental either.. hence the middle ground suburb Vermont 

Seems like only yesterday I was bitching to VWL about my mate that moved in at my joint.. now he's engaged to that gal.

Edited by UNR33L

Monash and the south gippy, but not far from eastlink either.
Basically I can get anywhere reasonably quickly. Except the city. But on a good traffic day that would still be only ~40 mins.

Oh that's much further south than I thought you were. For some reason I had wantirna in my head.

3 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

Oh that's much further south than I thought you were. For some reason I had wantirna in my head.

I'm a good driver, thank you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

I can only assume it's a locally known thing that they aren't good drivers?

It's local knowledge that they are Chinese

I was just stereotyping / being honest

• Like 1

Had a pit in dads shed growing up. So handy

looking forward to building my shed and chucking some hoists in

went part shares in a rotisserie over weekend

Mustang will love this when I’m ready for it

E7B00C18-CF09-4809-A0A6-564E245B0FDF.jpeg

399D1985-4EA8-4852-844F-4E686641E413.jpeg

212AA5E5-5C23-4963-8963-1D76C3BB3F8A.jpeg

13 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Ebike vs motorbike the decision is simple, if you are just using it for work commute <10km without freeways / high speed needed then Ebike all the way. Motorbike if high speed and you plan on riding through the hills on the weekends and making a hobby out of it & joining the community. Don't forget 1k at least for semi decent gear. 

Yeah, always been wanting to join the community and life style of motorbikes. Been browsing for gear and 1k is easily blown after looking at my shopping basket!

11 hours ago, Count Grantleyish said:

E-bike doesn't require licence nor registration?

Pretty sure I saw an old guy go into court for riding a motorised bicycle because it was unregistered or he was unlicensed for 2 wheelers. 

9 hours ago, UNR33L said:

We would need 2 episodes  seasons for Dezz's house amiright 

2 hours ago, TiTAN said:

I can only assume it's a locally known thing that they aren't good drivers?

Try driving around Docklands.... always giving my horn a good workout.