SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

On 10/23/2017 at 8:42 PM, Leroy Peterson said:

So you haven't driven either yet?

Drove a 2015 STI (92% the same car) the other year when I was looking at them initially but decided to hold onto my car for a bit longer.

Long enough ago to mostly forget, so wouldn't mind driving a few things before buying. 

Had the OTHER guy that looked at the car on saturday call me tonight wanting to buy the car for a similar ammount.. I told him "sorry mate deposit taken".. you play games and wait that's what you get I guess? the guy from Monday wasn't f**king around, bought it before the test drive LOL.

tl;dr car for sale for 4 months then 3 chances to sell in under a week, wtf. Price stayed the same too.

Edited by UNR33L

22 hours ago, TiTAN said:

Sometimes. For the other 999,999 in a million it's a scam.

That dude was for sure a scam at the start too though...would have taken his money and run. I think the point of the video was to show that at least some are doing it out of desperation / a lack of skill and opportunity, rather than laziness or greed...and that if given the opportunity to work for an honest buck and make a difference to their shitty lives and communities, some probably would. I wonder what the success rate would be if it were able to be tried on more scammers, as I doubt by sheer luck he came across the only malleable guy.

That dude was for sure a scam at the start too though...would have taken his money and run. I think the point of the video was to show that at least some are doing it out of desperation / a lack of skill and opportunity, rather than laziness or greed...and that if given the opportunity to work for an honest buck and make a difference to their shitty lives and communities, some probably would. I wonder what the success rate would be if it were able to be tried on more scammers, as I doubt by sheer luck he came across the only malleable guy.

Possible. Definitely possible

so mighty car mods going 350Z. im all for the platform, but good luck making it fast on a budget.

they should buy my wheels.

Triumph is running. Drove it last night. Would be a fun little car. the looks are growing on me.

but f**k that engine. and i now have a dislike for carbies. f**k old cars. old engines belong in the bin. So im 100% selling it.

38 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

so mighty car mods going 350Z. im all for the platform, but good luck making it fast on a budget.

they should buy my wheels.

Triumph is running. Drove it last night. Would be a fun little car. the looks are growing on me.

but f**k that engine. and i now have a dislike for carbies. f**k old cars. old engines belong in the bin. So im 100% selling it.

Put an SR in it. It'll pull a premium a week b4 racewars...

hey, you're right, Saab engine does look similar.

motor was noisey in the head, took rocker cover off and found lose bolts on the camgear. hopefully thats it...
Got a guy to play around with the carbs and tuned it a little so it would run. Not sure if its got more issues that need sorting, but accelerator.... ive driven more responsive 30yro Ford Broncos. Apparently everything takes ages to warm up etc, thats just the nature of the beast... yet all triumph owners complain about overheating issues lol. i think i need to drive a well sorted carby car to see what the deal is, but this triumph certainly aint it

The plus side to a carb is minimal electronics to go wrong when it's 30-40 years old, if you have a mechanical advance distributor you can basically run it with a fuel pump and a coil making them fantastically simple for engine swaps.

The downsides are they don't like big temperature changes or they run like arse, they don't like to start at close to zero or sub zero temperatures, they boil the fuel in really high temperatures and then run like arse, they can't deal with altitude changes without running like arse, tuning them takes ages as you have to disassemble them to swap the jets out.

Coyote swap

So apparently my front tailshaft coupling is rekt 

rip. too much powahhhh all 370rwkw of it.

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Does new owner think it's been stock it's whole life?

Yep cos it is stock at the moment 

He is aware of the items on inspection that need to be addressed and 'has a guy' so did a deal without RWC

Edited by UNR33L