SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Took the STI for a roasting down Dandenong tourist road, thing feels like a gokart! 

Once I hit the bottom brakes doing some nice squeaking, bedded dem babies in nicely. Stopped after a while which was good :)

Ordered a tow bar the other night so I can be a cool cat and tow a jet ski, this counts as first mod right?

nPnkjEw.jpg

I'm familiar with the relative size of modern jet skis

They are boats compared to their 90s counterparts, which you used to get thrown off so much more easily at lower speeds

Stability and top speed have come a long way

just get a factory supercharged one:

https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/marine/watercraft/high-performance/gp1800

or maybe you need over 300 horsepower..

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2017-Jet-Ski-Ultra-310LX

but yeah prob not enough..

how does 550 hp jet ski treat you!!!!

https://watercraftjournal.com/video-550-horsepower-turbo-powered-fxr500-beautiful-thing/

considering the amount of contact they have it makes complete sense. Unlike a car with 4 small rubber patches they have an entire hull available to them.

but that friction does impact them in straight lines, (thus why they like to get bow out of water)

used to watch the offshore power boat racing, the cornering some of them did were unbelievable, but my god the costs involved..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Thread revival, apologies! I have a similar issue, strange noise that appears shortly after starting the car, fluctuates a bit with RPM... If you bring the revs up the noise sort of follows / trails behind and then settles if that makes sense? Engine was built years ago with CAMTECH 268 Cams (9mm lift i believe) and the rest of the upgrade kit with the springs and retainers. Can you upgrade the pulley itself, if the spring is too weak (same as on the VG30 Lumps) or is it pointing towards another issue?   Cheers!
    • I need to clarify something. The weird actual idle of the engine, AND the RPM gauge being really weird and wonky both started happening at exactly the same time?   If so, I'm going against both of you above, and saying they're likely related somehow.   Unfortunately, the video was filmed in psychopath mode (portrait), which makes it next to impossible to get much detail from it even at full screen size.   My bet is that if the gauge has started going weird, AND the engine went rough, both at the same time, they're related, and it'll be a weird electrical issues. Most likely something back feeding / putting noise in a circuit that shouldn't be there. Quite possibly, a connection going wrong, or a power feed being really wack/out of sorts.
    • Nah thats not a flip up screen. thats just storage space. but im guessing you might be able to use the guts of the stereo part thats working and swap it with your busted bits?
    • ^^What he said. The fuel pressure wants to be about 43 psi with just priming, or with the engine running but the reg sense line pulled off (and plugged to stop it being a vacuum leak). It should obviously be about 13 psi less than that with the engine running and the sense line connected, because that's going to be close to manifold vacuum. So, somewhere in the 30 psi territory. 45 is PSI is too much, and very likely wrong. It is remotely possible that that is the fuel pressure it was set to when it was tuned, if you have an adjustable reg, which I couldn't see. But I suspect that it is not correct, because it was showing very similar pressure at both prime and running. It looks like the sense line is disconnected or blocked (or the reg is stuff, or something else weird). The tacho fluctuating like that is either a fault with the tacho, the wiring from the ECU, or the ECU's own output. The engine was clearly not changing speed like the tacho was.
    • If your idle fuel pressure suddenly changed for any reason it would cause the problem you're seeing. Running rich is as bad as lean. The tachometer issue is likely a red herring. Pull the cluster out and resolder the joints to fix that one. You can also flow test your injectors.