Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

12 hours ago, inark said:

Damn, I would have offered $4 and a whole ham sandwich 

you snooze you loose.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2024 at 11:46 AM, funkymonkey said:

Buy my 32 bumblenuts. It’s not bleck like your old one tho

lol but I dont want a GTS4.. bleck is better.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 4:03 PM, SKY031 said:

Do it.

I'm looking, so many trash R32s out there. Trying to work out if I want a "stock" one, or modified. There is a mint Nismo for sale at the moment. Just not sure I want to drop over $150k into one for something that will basically sit in the garage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2024 at 4:37 PM, inark said:

I'm looking, so many trash R32s out there. Trying to work out if I want a "stock" one, or modified. There is a mint Nismo for sale at the moment. Just not sure I want to drop over $150k into one for something that will basically sit in the garage.

Himmy seems to be bringing in some nice cars,

ive had a few now and they all have issues- no matter how neat and tidy. theyre just old.

1 hour ago, funkymonkey said:

Mad invite asshat.

woulda brought the GTS4 out.

I was taking a shit at the shop and decided to go for a drive on a whim after I saw pats story lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2024 at 10:29 AM, Mohsen said:

Himmy seems to be bringing in some nice cars,

ive had a few now and they all have issues- no matter how neat and tidy. theyre just old.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:52 AM, funkymonkey said:

Yeah usual old brittle wires and hoses. Cracked vinyls and bubbled dashes. Everything you touch disintegrates. I think we’ve got to the end of life for a lot of materials used in the manufacturing.

Yeah both very true. There are some nice ones still out there that have had most of the basic work done to fix them. But they cost decent coin. To be honest in the long run I think its probably worth just paying a bit extra. There are only 2 things I really care about, no f**ked dash (rules out about 75% of them) and no worn / f**ked front seats (another 75% ruled out of the remaining 25%) so yeah, its like finding a needle in a hay stack. The other issues I can deal with. 

Still have to rebuild the f**king rex too. Eldest has been pestering me for ages now to start working on it. Need to get it towed to GIR to have them get it running so I can work on the body.

I'll be down for a meet, will dust the mustang off and bring my son so he can wet his pants over the skylines. :D

Took him to KIR friday drifts last month, brought back some memories of the old days heading out to calder to watch it all. Was fun