SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I suggest you give google.com a miss today Birds....

lol just saw.

https://newmatilda.com/2016/01/26/the-worlds-most-popular-website-just-ripped-the-rug-out-from-under-australia-day/

"Of course, the notion that Aboriginal people should celebrate the very date that marks their dispossession, the theft of their land and their slaughter, is obviously insane. Almost as insane as suggesting ‘it’s time to move’ – imagine, as a non-Aboriginal Australian, if you were told to ‘move on’ from Anzac day?

Which begs the question… if a foreign corporation can get it, why can’t the Australian Government? And why can’t most of the rest of our nation?"

It doesn't beg shit. No one is forcing the indigenous to celebrate Australia Day, as the above SJW statement suggests. Do your own thing. Just leave the rest of us the fk alone and stop trying to force us to mourn their invasion day. I wouldn't force anyone who wasn't Australian to cull their celebrations on Anzac Day; it's a day for me and anyone else who wants to, to mourn. Everyone else can do what they want without me preaching to them that they need to pay their respects to my fallen elders and cull their celebrations that aren't even connected to the day anymore.

I might be wrong but the Filipinos don't have a Spanish invasion day, nor do I see the Vietnamese complaining that the French blessed them with steak, chips and castles.

Patrick if I see one more link from pedestrian.tv or newmatilda I'm going to have to file you permanently under SJW; that's two strikes buddy.

It doesn't beg shit. No one is forcing the indigenous to celebrate Australia Day, as the above SJW statement suggests. Do your own thing. Just leave the rest of us the fk alone and stop trying to force us to mourn their invasion day. I wouldn't force anyone who wasn't Australian to cull their celebrations on Anzac Day; it's a day for me and anyone else who wants to, to mourn. Everyone else can do what they want without me preaching to them that they need to pay their respects to my fallen elders and cull their celebrations that aren't even connected to the day anymore.

I might be wrong but the Filipinos don't have a Spanish invasion day, nor do I see the Vietnamese complaining that the French blessed them with steak, chips and castles.

Patrick if I see one more link from pedestrian.tv or newmatilda I'm going to have to file you permanently under SJW; that's two strikes buddy.

haha but Pedestrian.tv was about Cheez TV nostalgia - I thought you would have enjoyed that :(

As said, the problem is that a day of celebration and day of mourning both fall on the same date.

Right or wrong reasons, you will get both sides clashing.

Best would be to separate the two or hopefully mature as one, but if we cant even hold a mature discussion about it what chance do we have at either option...

your 100% right..

instead they celebrate kicking them out of their country and taking it back...

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/philippines/independence-day

but I guess it was only after around 300 years of rule so near history.

and what do you know Vietnam as exactly the same thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reunification_Day

why would the local inhabitants want a invasion day when they beat them back.

why would a native population want to be unhappy about being slaughtered and treated like shit.

your right tho.
we should not care what happen in the past after all it not our fault is it.
some-one else did it so we should not care.
and as for anyone new or different we should put them in camps to check they ok.
in fact you know what, Hitler was probably right, just think if those annoying Anzacs had not stepped in years back we could have cleansed all the other ppl and we could be living in utopia.
get back in your hole Nazi.

That's only the case in Hamish's flatland :)

Untrue my dear fellow. Bogan is a state of mind and one which you do not posess. Being a true bogan doesn't mean ironocally enjoying Angry Anderson's "Bound For Glory" on Australia day... I means actually enjoying it on any given day.