SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

a mate just asked me about a "stage 2" kit for my car

Goodbye cruel world

LOL

will someone please think of the 400 kids who didnt get to play sport in caulfield due to lack of parks

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/the-public-space-that-people-didnt-know-existed-20160220-gmz66o.html

it is an issue. they have effectively built a racetrack around public land and are not paying appropriate rent for it because the land rests in a trust of which 40% of the controlling vote are members of the MRC.

we dropped in on the way past and it's a fair shithole and could be used far more effectively.

im not defending the racecourse members club, just seemed silly to suggest the space could be used for childrens sporting clubs and that 400 kids missed out on playing sport

</script>B0QQOmSIgAAePTI.jpg&&0){for(var>

Can't comment as it may or may not be true, but there are a LOT of ovals in that area

side note... we drove past a new outdoor waterpark just near there that is under construction and looks f**king awesome

Basiclly I did everything stupid you can do.

That was 100% my stupidity.

I've done a bunch of driver training for newbies first thing I tell them you never set a record lap first thing in the day.

Take it easy warm into the track and then start pushing it.

So first thing on a 2 day track da, on a cold greasy track with cold semis I hit the throttle

Don't blame the car.

On a plus note car looks crap but still straight and still is happy doing laps and or limiter bashing on skid pans.

I knew tassie was having electricity issues since December, and had heard things were being kept a bit hush hush.

Dams there are under 15% capacity and apparently using around 1% a week, supposedly they can run to a theoretical 6.5% but has never been done before. A few big industries have been asked to shut down and apparently are being compensated. That, plus big back-up generators are being put online would cost a fortune. Hiring a big-ass generator is costing $20mil and will cost $11mil per month to run. ouch.

http://www.premier.tas.gov.au/releases/energy_supply_update

Over 300MW of power comes from wind, which apparently operates at 40% capacity on average.

Temporary diesel and gas generators are being organised or have already been turned on, and a 200MW temporary generator puts into perspective how small a part wind really plays. You cant rely on that shit in an emergency!