SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

#mohsen

Moh: "Should I continue to mod my 32 or get something better and stop wasting my money?"

Global Consensus: "No, stop pouring money into it"

47902.jpg

The same? The only oddity I've ever noticed is that from switching between E85 and 98 it seems to bring up some kind of residue that likes to clog my fuel filter (which is removable and cleanable).

To be honest though, having 400kw at 4500RPM is kind of pointless (cause grip) so really I should be just running 98 all the time cause there's no practical loss of anything in switching between them.

Trying to tune them though you notice quick smart which is the better fuel. That alone makes me want to daily it on E85 tbh, its just a far better fuel, the car is just far, far happier to run on it. Smoother, way less charge temps on intake, etc. I'd personally want to use it when driving hard even if the power increase was 0.

As for winter start being problematic, is an E85 myth. Couple of cranks (literally 2) and good to go.

• Like 2

I think the cold start 'myth' is more for people that don't use the car every day.. my brothers r33 on e85 was a weekender and just an absolute pig.. now its collecting rust on the side of my parents house with good advan forged rims on it.. (also probably getting rusty)

See it on the XR6's as well, half the people say its fine the other half say it's a bitch to start in the cold.. same shit, different car.

Not really worth it with my boost levels on the v8 so 98 ftw

Once I put some more cash into my falcadore should be good fun :) so over the power it has atm.. except in the wet it's a handful

YOLO, more power time

Edited by UNR33L

Very much depends where the car is stored and the temp you're starting it at

In the carpark beneath apartment complex, mine can be a bitch if it's gone down to 4 degrees overnight - talking 10-12 cranks. Haven't bothered to get the cold start tuned properly. Normal winter day after not having driven for 24 hours is about 2-3 cranks most.

Sitting at 95k Qantas frequent flyer points, almost enough to go LA return or similar :) not bad for 6 months

ANZ FF amex black + business related expenses ftw

Edited by UNR33L

Sitting at 95k Qantas frequent flyer points, almost enough to go LA return or similar :) not bad for 6 months

ANZ FF amex black + business related expenses ftw

Please don't

• Like 1