SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

most transactions dont come with a 2-5% surcharge with use?

Comes with a visa and amex so if there's surcharge just pay with visa, and if even that is surcharged pay with savings account lol

filling up at BP is awesome because I get velocity points swiping that card, then they accept amex for even more FF points

Edited by UNR33L

I blame Asians. If they didn't pay with cash so often the fees would be taken into account of the item price.

The card companies charge fees for the right to accept their card? What a strange world we live in. I'm sure visa, MasterCard etc make plenty of money with that trapezoid scheme

Total tools do. Scorptec has a surcharge for anything except cash and eftpos. Not sure how they can justify that. I think a lot of fast food and restaurants do too?

yeah all the computer shops do that, if i buy for business I pay on CC and push that through to the customer if for myself use cash or eftpos :P

The card companies charge fees for the right to accept their card? What a strange world we live in. I'm sure visa, MasterCard etc make plenty of money with that trapezoid scheme

They provide a service (the ability for a retailer to accept payment) and charge a fee in return.

Why is difficult for you?

because card companies/banks make a lot of money on interest and card/account fees. then Visa/mastercard market how amazing they are because theyre available in 700billion locations across the world.

and yet 75% of bakeries and local fast food places I walk into only take kesh. not to mention the hundreds of dodgy bars. i very rarely carry cash.

i dont know how the system works, but wouldnt a one-off payment on setup of the machine and service (+ regular phone/internet charges) make it more attractive for shops to accept the cards that the banks want you to use? but then they dont get regular income from business and most of the time the cost is made-up for by the consumer.

They provide a service (the ability for a retailer to accept payment) and charge a fee in return.

Why is difficult for you?

Leeroy

read this repeatedly until desire to post lengthy waffle subsides

I can see why PayPal is going to become a force to reckon with outside of online transactions.

going to be...

I've paid bar/restaurant bills with it before.

I can see why PayPal is going to become a force to reckon with outside of online transactions.

The PayPal that takes a percentage of the transaction from the seller for allowing a customer to pay that way?

Leroy pls

• Like 1

How is it any different from American express? (Other than not being a gentleman's club for elite beings)

American Express merchant fees are higher for the seller than most credit cards, to cover their rewards programs, hence a lot of merchants will have a surcharge for the use of such cards or flat out say they don't accept Amex/Diners.

Used to piss off a few customers when they'd whinge why I didn't accept Amex, or would offer to charge them more and tell them that they're welcome to pay the 4-5% transaction fee or whatever it was.