SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I bought bout 8k of motorbike on a credit card before, didn't have any surchages 

Since getting Amex I use that bitch for everything whenever I can, dem frequent flyer points 

Edited by UNR33L

56 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Effects nobody

yeah i know. maybe i should sue CBA, like that guy who sued Crown for making him spend a few million on a gambling binge.

Card minimum was $4k. i asked for over that and got almost 4x the card minimum.

1 hour ago, JAS-25T said:

if you go for other credit, including home loans it will reduce your serviceability significantly.

Significantly is a big call

Ill let Hamish answer this

But didn't effect me at all and i just refinanced last month 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAS-25T said:

They look at the full amount of the CC being serviced at a fairly high rate, close to 20%.

at $27k that's $450 just in interest each month.

So even though the limit is unused they assume repayments are to be made as if it has been drawn in full?

Well that's intradasting

What difference does it make if you don't actually use the limit?
Effects nobody
How do you pay extra interest to a bank if you haven't drawn the funds?

When applying for home loan your credit card limit is used against you in your borrowing power. The smaller the limit the more you can mortgage

2 hours ago, UNR33L said:

I bought bout 8k of motorbike on a credit card before, didn't have any surchages 

Since getting Amex I use that bitch for everything whenever I can, dem frequent flyer points 

So like... nowhere? (i just got an amex so I could use apple-pay and literally no one accepts it lol)

49 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Significantly is a big call

Ill let Hamish answer this

But didn't effect me at all and i just refinanced last month 

that just means you could afford it pal - ferrari

30 minutes ago, JAS-25T said:

They look at the full amount of the CC being serviced at a fairly high rate, close to 20%.

Any line of credit facilities are considered as if fully drawn, as you have the ability to do so without notice

I use my Amex 95% of the time....don't know where you're trying to shop but they probably serve coffee in a f**kin jar so wouldn't expect much from them..

As for credit card limits, it's really not an issue. If you're going for a loan you decrease the limit, get the loan, increase the limit again. The cba lender chick did it for me off her own back... Literally zero effort on my part. And I mean literally in the true sense of the word, not literally in the way every f**king idiot uses it these days

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

So like... nowhere? (i just got an amex so I could use apple-pay and literally no one accepts it lol)

that just means you could afford it pal - ferrari

Any line of credit facilities are considered as if fully drawn, as you have the ability to do so without notice

BP fuel, Coles, Maccas just to name a few.. 

24 minutes ago, dezz said:

I use my Amex 95% of the time....don't know where you're trying to shop but they probably serve coffee in a f**kin jar so wouldn't expect much from them..

As for credit card limits, it's really not an issue. If you're going for a loan you decrease the limit, get the loan, increase the limit again. The cba lender chick did it for me off her own back... Literally zero effort on my part. And I mean literally in the true sense of the word, not literally in the way every f**king idiot uses it these days

f**king LOL almost spat my coffee out to that first line 

Only place I don't use it is computer shops really, and the occasional shitty cafe 

Paypal / Post Billpay for bills is good so you can use the AMEX for points there too 

• Like 1