SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Agree on the new age exhausts. Cannot stand the way DSG gearboxes/engines sound!

Im just saying, for my money, id be looking elsewhere. I like my hot hatches to be a little less bland and a little more boy racer.

20 minutes ago, emts said:

Disingenous...waiting for modifications is hardly a state of being broken

Also wager being a VAG product that vehicle more likely broke down on the drive home

9 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Agree on the new age exhausts. Cannot stand the way DSG gearboxes/engines sound!

Im just saying, for my money, id be looking elsewhere. I like my hot hatches to be a little less bland and a little more boy racer.

You might like the new Focus RS and the dolled up A45s

Yep! You are bang on! Love those two. One problem with each. Ford, have the worst post sales service I've ever encountered (used to have an xr5 bought new). And the AMG I don't think has a manual.

When you comparing a 33 GTR seating position to a Falcon yeah (don't forget it's just a family sedan), I came from 33 GTR as well felt the same way but got used to it after a while.

Fark it's hot, VB come at me 

Nah compared to our 5 series. They have an excellent seating position. Nice and low. Long way back. Super comfortable. Ill actually be selling it in the next month or two because my wife stopped using the wagon.

dat BMW re-sale duration + value

I buy mine at the low end... the one in my avatar was 17k. Plus some repairs. Was on the road for less than 25k at a time when people were asking 30k+.

To its credit it's an awesome family car and isnt terrible to drive. Just needs a bit more go and stop and it would be perfect.
Its also been incredibly reliable. No break downs since we fixed it up (2 and a bit years now). Not at all what i expected.

2 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

I'd take a golf R or audi RS3 over any boy racer looking shit any day. If I'm going to spend 60 large on a car I want to look like an adult not a child.

Yeah but you're all about appearancez hamich 

Some guy already wants drug money for his well kept 33R series 3 in the for sale section. I don't think he'll get 55k for it, and it really doesn't look that special, but if people are starting to ask that much for a clean example then it's a sign of things to follow on from the obscene 34R prices. Mine without an engine is insured for about 26k.

inb4 Leigh's switch to a Falcon was a financial downgrade?

• Like 1

So that 33. The way i read it, its done 150k kms. (Two gauge clusters worth) think thats too much.
But if this was a genuine low km (say 75k kms) car i can see someone paying it.

9 hours ago, Birds said:

Some guy already wants drug money for his well kept 33R series 3 in the for sale section. I don't think he'll get 55k for it, and it really doesn't look that special, but if people are starting to ask that much for a clean example then it's a sign of things to follow on from the obscene 34R prices. Mine without an engine is insured for about 26k.

inb4 Leigh's switch to a Falcon was a financial downgrade?

Eh, mine was a rusty bucket - was from the snowy parts of Japan apparently and the salt on roads screwed underneath a bit, basically didn't get it checked out properly before purchase being a youngen, mechanically was fine apart from unusual extra turbo lag which Trent couldn't explain without taking turbos out, but surface rust on the rear subframe etc made it hard to sell, only got like 20k for it 5 years ago, barely had many people come and check it out. Buyer bought it unseen flew from SA then put it up for sale again for 26k over there after a few months, not sure how he went with that.

The GS will go up in time no doubt, rare as and eventually won't be many around - who knows if I'll keep it for the long run or sell in another few years but at the moment happy with it and wouldn't want anything else for what it's worth.

I suspect that guy will turn out like this guy:

started off wanting $9000 for a R32 GTST, fast forward not even one moonth and it's been price dropped to $5000 #skylinelogic