SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Eh, I couldn't be passionate about driving a train around all day, even if the pay is great. 

Also have to deal with the public way too much (help disabled passengers on, probably deal with snotty kids etc.)

Edited by UNR33L

It's kinda got to the point it is more advertised in other areas as well rather than a mainstream car site.

try finding a cefiro on car sales..just not there they on FB groups forums and such now as free.

so they end up with a few dream boats that suddenly think something is rare and put price up..does not mean they are getting that price.

mainly as they expect to get low balled by flogs....

so say you want 30K for it, you know they are going to offer 50% so you need to advertise 40K + to be able to start negotiations.

yet you see the cars that are advertised correctly with a reasonable price sell quickly (and prob get spammed by flogs at same time)

I disagree - deterring genuine buyers with high prices in order to appeal to low ballers / dreamers doesn't scream sound logic to me

The sellers control the commodity price and the buyers determine if it changes hands, and unlike Cobra replicas these are changing hands

Even if sellers don't get their asking prices, these are still a good indicator of appreciation given carsales and the forums were littered with asking prices in the low 20s a year ago

The guy we bought the Cube from had it on car sales for a month, gumtree and eventually 2 auctions on eBay. (He ended the second one early for us to buy it on the spot) apparently he had flogs low balling him all the time, but also people saying they want it and agreeing to a price then never turning up. Import cars regardless need to come with a disclaimer "expect low ballers and flogs"

14 hours ago, NUTWGN said:

The guy we bought the Cube from had it on car sales for a month, gumtree and eventually 2 auctions on eBay. (He ended the second one early for us to buy it on the spot) apparently he had flogs low balling him all the time, but also people saying they want it and agreeing to a price then never turning up. Import cars regardless need to come with a disclaimer "expect low ballers and flogs"

Anna, it isn't the case for imports. Essentially with cars in general.

I'm currently selling my Golf R and I've had weird SMS of lowballing and request me to deliver to them, I just ignore them. Even got a swap offer which I declined cos the car is under finance that I've stated on the ad. I think people these days aren't too keen to take their time reading the ad. 

And I've priced it at 2nd cheapest on the market in Australia judging from my current research, and I've only advertised on carsales. 

On 2/6/2017 at 11:48 PM, Birds said:

I think you're forgetting the intrinsically rewarding benefit of euthanising those who've had enough

Have attended to a few of these incidents, aftermath is literally a splat. Would not be able to tell if it was a human or an animal. 

The undertaker's that come out and take the pieces away apparently makes a crap load of money.