SAU Community

Omggtr Going E85

OMGGTR

Hey fellas atm im slowly upgrading my fuel system and slowly because theres too much crap to know before its done so learning in the process

Vehicle is r33 gtr series 3

Engine currently running 404rwkw

built by me

(Just coz i can build a motor does not mean i know everything...)

Now i purchased a holley dominator 1800 and a a.i dominator surgetank kit.

Some may know these pumps are a non bypass pump so a min -8 return is necessary.

The issues i have resolved are .

Using my factory feed and return now as 2 feeds for twin entry rail.

Return line will be new -8 the whole way and changing the tomei rail return to -8

A turbosmart reg will have -8 ret on it so all good and is 85 compatible

Issues not resolved yet..

Factory sender output and ret are plastic clip in fittings and are -6 3/8 hose size

How am i to get around this for my min -8 return to tank.. will a -8 overflow from surge to this 3/8 plastic on factory tank be enough to return?

Any advice from people who have done it please i dont want (should and probably) i need this right

Cheers. If i have missed any info needed plz just ask.

Sounds like you need a custom tank lid with bulkhead fittings.

Surge setups can be hard to get right, do you have some pics of yours? The 8an return from the rail normally goes back to the surge tank, if you have a smaller pump intank you usually only need a small return to the main tank.

This is the sender lid

Return tube is 8mm outside diameter so defenetly too small all i need is that to be around 12mm ish and will flow enough but how...

Really duno how no one has done this before thought there would be a common solution. :(

post-53107-0-92523700-1439431282_thumb.jpg

Edited by v8tzr

Why can't you run the dominator 1800 staged? It is 2 pumps after all. You will be hard pressed to fit -8 bulkheads in the stock hat mine is modified for -6 bulkheads.

If your running a surge tank at 400Kw, the factory tank fittings and lines to the surge tank should be fine as its not pressurized feeding the surge tank.

• Like 1

If i return -8 to surge and surge overflow -6 to std hat return will that be ok?

Also pump is being wired to be single and twin at around 2500rpm

Edited by OMGGTR

Yep, sounds fine. No issues with my 6an return running twin 255's, I can drop the pressure well below 30psi base so it's not even close to maxing the return flow. 8an is overkill.

The only issue will be if one pump fails, in your case the one that gets switched in.

you can also carefully remove the return (grind shave etc) and fit AN bulkhead fittings. I done that a few times in R34 GTRS

Exactly what im doing with my R32 factory pump assembly, its the easy way to get bigger lines happening.

Terminals can be added too to get rid of the flimsy thin factory wires and plug if going bigger pump, seen a few of those melt through the years.

• Like 1