SAU Community

What turbos is this gtr running

vspecv

i dont know of anyone making more than 350kw using 2530s on pulp. so i guess the answer is no

I have often wondered about that as well. I have seen a single 2530 make 240 rwkw on an RB25DET. Now I know there are some differences between an RB25 2530 and an RB26 2530, but it isn't 70 rwkw worth. HKS rate the RB26 2530 at 310 bhp, so the pair should make 620 bhp, that's 460 kw. Plus other HKS turbo seem a little underrated, I think HKS quote 10% in most cases when pushed. I have never seen a GTR loose more than 60 rwkw (and 85 awkw), so I can't work out why a pair of 2530's wouldn't make ~400 rwkw. So I can only put it down to other factors, like tuning and support stuff.

There a couple of guys I have been working with that have 2530's and they are doing all the stuff that I would suggest is necessary to get 400 rwkw. So time will tell if it is possible. :cheers:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben from racepace told me there was a car there with 2530's pushing 400@wheels, most people who are running 320-350 aren't pushing the turbos for all they are worth.

Emre: i thought you were running 2530's and making around 400rwkw?

400rwkw from 2530s is a big ask on pump fuel.

I had a figure of 400rwkw+ on decent fuel, but obviously it's not my daily tune.

As mentioned, there need to be a lot of support modifications in place to run that sort of power daily, reliably.

For the record, i still have the stock intercooler, factory intake, internals, etc.

Holy Jesus... Look at the size of that radiator!!!! I feel so.................. inadequate :Oops: :)

Very nice welding on that intake pipe :D

Is that oil catch can vented at all? What's with the catch can between the rocker covers, and the secondary one with the washer bottle?

Holy Jesus... Look at the size of that radiator!!!! I feel so.................. inadequate :Oops: :)

Very nice welding on that intake pipe :D

Is that oil catch can vented at all? What's with the catch can between the rocker covers, and the secondary one with the washer bottle?

the large catch tank vents to the atmosphere.

dont think the one on the rocker covers does much at all, except look pretty

i did a nice job on the welding huh..not.thats bens fabricators handy work.

Hardcore! But where do you fit the twin 18" subs bro?? :confused: ;)

Emre: Engine is all bolted together, in the car and started up with standard injectors, old HKS F-ConV and standard AFMs.... Runs beautifully with zero leaks :) Will be calling the tuner tomorrow morning at 8am and see when we can slot her in for a run-in tune with the PowerFC Pro and then I'll start pounding out the kms as quickly as possible so we can get her back on the dyno and do some proper tuning :D:);)

I'm excited! :D

Hardcore! But where do you fit the twin 18" subs bro?? :confused: ;)

Emre: Engine is all bolted together, in the car and started up with standard injectors, old HKS F-ConV and standard AFMs.... Runs beautifully with zero leaks :) Will be calling the tuner tomorrow morning at 8am and see when we can slot her in for a run-in tune with the PowerFC Pro and then I'll start pounding out the kms as quickly as possible so we can get her back on the dyno and do some proper tuning :D:);)

I'm excited! :D

no subs in my cars

what turbo is the best for gtrs guys

Depends on what power figure you want and how it gets there, do you want twin low mounts or twin high mounts, big single????