SAU Community

Will This Rub

I found it after I posted Ive gon through about 3/4 of it and nothing really suggest that 18x10 +12 will sit inside the guards of r33gtr. I'm working through it from newer to older posts. Someone did suggest that it might be 2mm outside the guards. ??? Still looking

So, seeing as I already gave you the answer I will do this.

If 18x10.5 +15 is a popular size for the gtr folk around here (maybe you should google pics of that setup before you ask a silly question), do you think a 18x10 +12 would sit closer or further from the hub? I suggest you google again before saying "I dont know, thats why I made this thread.

And for roadworthy they wont pass depending on state and dickness level of mechanic.

So, seeing as I already gave you the answer I will do this.

If 18x10.5 +15 is a popular size for the gtr folk around here (maybe you should google pics of that setup before you ask a silly question), do you think a 18x10 +12 would sit closer or further from the hub? I suggest you google again before saying "I dont know, thats why I made this thread.

And for roadworthy they wont pass depending on state and dickness level of mechanic.

I'm new to all this mate to go easy ;) I'll have a guess and I would say 18x10 +12 would closer to the guard then a 18x10.5 +15. So was I right and feel free to make me feel stupid.

It should fit. I have +15 on my GTST and it touched the guards. Rolled them and fine. Sure its a little less offset but you have much wider guards.

Also use this calculator for change in speedo http://www.inawise.com/tyre-calculator/tyre-size-calculator.html

I made sure I calculated my tyres and wheels, with new config at 100km/h I'm doing 99.3km/h

I have to amend this as I didnt read correctly.

It would be closer to the hub than a 10.5 +15. FURTHER from the guard.

Are you sure? less +ve is equivalent to more -ve and means wheels stick out more.

I also need to correct something I wrote earlier. Not that I was wrong, just that it wasn't relevant to the thread because I forgot the OP was talking about a GTR.

My calculation came up with that the 18x10.5 +15 will sit 3mm closer to the guards then the 18x10 +12. I'm pretty sure my math is right other wise I'm missing something. ?