SAU Community

Rb26 Neo

sneakey pete

Dobz, your setup sounds quite similar to the kit that otomoto sells.

When you say if you can afford it go vcam, do you mean vct in general or hks vcam specifically? The hks option is continuously variable as I understand, not a on off step like vct.

Ash: do you mean people retrofitting neo vct to the 26 or a full variable jobbie?

Obviously for vct you've got ottomoto, and I know of someone in qld who did it, but isn't around anymore. I think racepace also did, of did they just use vcam?

I'll also keep looking around for adaptors then, didn't think there was anyone left that made them.

There was a guy down in Melbourne who was running his own version of VCT on a 26. Had a silver R32 and was as most VicDrift events, I think his name was Rowan Nash?

He put up a few posts about it and said how well it worked, I hit him up for some info but all he said was that it was a retrofit from a 25. Might be worth hitting him up and seeing what he had to say.

sneaky pete, the difference with the otomoto kit is it requires a custom cam and fitting which feeds oil through the length of the cam to the vct. The way I am going to do it will allow me to use whatever aftermarket rb25 neo cam i want.

I meant hks v-cam if you can afford it. Being able to tune a constantly variable camshaft would have a big advantage over on/off adjustability.