You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Thanks Matt. Yes, at the end of a long process it will be stripped and caged assuming it all works OK, but I have a few things to sort first; most importantly wheels and race tyres and some track time to see how it goes before I commit too much. To get there though, first I need to get the spare tyre sorted so I don't need the run flats and can put some decent tyres on either the factory rims or something aftermarket. So first, size. The depression in the boot is only 660mm wide which limits the height of the spare (for example, the fuga one does not fit) p9-9 of the factory user manual says Mexico, Middle East and South America got a spare, in 145/70R18 (660mm high). Its not clear if that goes over the Red Sport brakes and in any case I couldn't find a part number so I didn't go genuine.  Next, the tyre placard for mine says 245/40RF19 (678mm high) but the car has 245/45R19 fitted (704mm). I'm OK with the taller tyres day to day because they help the speedo be a little more accurate (it still reads about 2% over), but they make it hard to sort a proper spare of a similar height. Then, to sourcing a wheel and tyre. There are spare tyre listings for Infiniti Red Sport in both UK and US, but price+shipping was crazy, so I looked for local alternatives. It turns out not supplying a spare is the new black, and there are a few options listed for other cars. In particular, Mustang GT comes with big brakes from factory and our friends at ford use the same wheel stud layout as nissan (yes, fitting falcon steelies for burnouts is a potential option...) at 5x114.3 So, I bought this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/335566379123?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0&ssspo=ormGmo1aTQG&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=dJvnaZ11TB-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY. I went to the shop so that I could trial fit it to both the boot space and the car, and they were able to do a little cheaper than the ebay price That tyre is 135/17R19 which is 670mm high, or about 5% smaller than the other tyres on my car. Guidelines I saw said up to 6% is OK so I'll go with it. 
    • Hi all Started routine maintenance today and had to take the cover off to get to the spark plugs.  When removing the small pipe that goes from one of the top valves to the other it ripped as it already had a crack in it. You'll also notice the hose right beside it on the right hand side has a small crack too.  Forgive my lack of terminology here still learning.  I had already earmarked the hoses for replacement and found this kit: https://www.platinumracingproducts.com/products/nissan-rb25det-r32-r33-r34-heater-hose-kit Does anyone know if this kit is worth the price tag to help upkeep the engine? Does it cover the essentials that get wear and tear?  Photo of motor and the valves attached
    • The MX5 is a way better daily than the SS The only real reason to keep the SS is when we go away and pick up the kids, or for extended road trips where we need the extra room for all of Jackies luggagesesezzzz and make up bag, and the 20 pairs of shoes she might need for 7 days away from home, it also has a tow bar which is handy for when we hire box trailers Also I'm to old to be a traffic light hero, plus I like my licence to much, there is also the issue of having 3 NSW police officers in the immediate family who would never stop giving me 5hit if I got done being stupid
    • From Japan, by mysefl.