Philr32

For VQ25det powered M35's:

Transmission cooler

Dump pipe

Front pipe & high flow cat

Coolant mod

Nismo thermostat

In that order

Only then start looking at other stuff such as an brakes, intercooler kit, suspension, turbo, cat back exhaust

Edited by iamhe77

Before i got my M35 i pre ordered a few things. When i go it i installed Coilovers, HDi intercooler, cat back exhaust, Boost controller, and an ajustable BOV.

All of those combined made a huge difference, but after a day on the track the Stag showed a few weak spots. Overheating, no grip with current tyres and a lot of understeer.

I am now changed the direction which i was going and looking at improving cooling (Alloy radiator, trans cooler, oil cooler, thermo fans etc), after all that I'll be looking at bracing and sway bars and tyres obviously.

Don't put thermos in your car. It has been proven with our cars over and over that they can not pass as much air as the standard clutch fan setup. Everyone who has done it has than changed back to the stock fan setup

Don't put thermos in your car. It has been proven with our cars over and over that they can not pass as much air as the standard clutch fan setup. Everyone who has done it has than changed back to the stock fan setup

What i meant was a thermo for the A/C as the standard one was removed for the intrecooler, the clutch fan is going to stay

• Like 1

I doubt that they'd ever know; a front end, or front 3/4 impact would write the car off anyway; cut REO or uncut REO.

I would be boxing the cut away section, to win back some rigidity; the REO is what locates the chassis rails, and absorbs suspension loads.

why is a trans cooler so important ?

not planning on tracking or dragging mine..

can't the trans handle a lousy 220awkw without shitting itself ?

I have never seen a transmission fail because the oil was being cooled too much.

You don't have to do it; no one has a gun to your head.

• Like 1

I have never seen a transmission fail because the oil was being cooled too much.

You don't have to do it; no one has a gun to your head.

Agreed, as do all of the transmission rebuilders I have spoken to.

That said, it is possible to cool the trans fluid too much which is exactly what I did on my NM35 when I replaced the radiator which did not come with a trans cooler built in.

I ran two external trans coolers (trans > PWR > Mishimoto > trans) which kept it a bit too cold in winter as did not have 5th gear for the first 25mins of my old daily trip to work.

Conan, 220awkw is roughly a 65% power increase over stock. You don't think increasing the efficiency of your cooling system, which was only designed to manage heat generated at stock power levels, would be a worthwhile investment?