SAU Community

Jap To English Conversion

Philr32

My pop-up screen doesn't, er, pop up, and doesn't respond to the "slap it on top" trick either, it's like there's no power to it or something. The DVD drive whirs on start-up but that's all. Is it simple to remove all this crap and fit a pocket? I've had the car for over 2 years and really haven't noticed not having the screen, so a little weight saving #becauseiwishitwasaracecar wouldn't hurt.

No power is needed for these to pop up. The pocket is easy to install as it screws i to the same location with same holes. To get rid of the dvd rom you will need to find a panel with the pocket above the glovebox

• 8 months later...

Ok and here I go in a different thread but after spending sadly a half day of time going through all the pros, cons and options, I'm seeing the light and want to go pockets where the screen is and where dvd rom and etc are (unless I can Frankenstein a new touch screen into where the existing screen goes and do something funky there).. 

So apologies to all for pestering over the same questions, but am now super keen to find the pockets.. Suggestions ??

many thanks again for suffering me

While its an F50 not an M35, I have a very similar screen and software, still in jap, and I use it all the time on the fuel economy screen.  No need to be aggressive in dismissing the questions from a new member just because you don't agree....why not just make your point politely and leave it at that?

Ok and here I go in a different thread but after spending sadly a half day of time going through all the pros, cons and options, I'm seeing the light and want to go pockets where the screen is and where dvd rom and etc are (unless I can Frankenstein a new touch screen into where the existing screen goes and do something funky there).. 

So apologies to all for pestering over the same questions, but am now super keen to find the pockets.. Suggestions ??

many thanks again for suffering me

www.importmonster.com.au