SAU Community

Drive Car Of The Year Revealed - Do You Trust The Decision?

PranK

Drive COTY Award  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Drive COTY has been revealed.

The winner is the Ford Everest Trend.

1449170483592.jpg

The finalists can be seen here.

Considering this Ford was up against some serious competition (as can be seen here; http://www.drive.com.au/car-reviews/car-of-the-year)it seems a little odd that it was the winner.

For instance, look at the previous winners;

2006 - Audi TT
2007 - BMW M3
2008 - Honda Accord V6
2009 - Volkswagen Golf 118TSI
2010 - Volkswagen Polo 77TSI
2011 - Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI
2012 – Toyota 86 GT
2013 - Mazda6 Sport
2014 - Mercedes-Benz C200
There are some really good cars in that list.
What do you think of the Drive COTY award? Is it a fair competition or simply up to the highest bidder?

SAU.NSW Tech Arvo earlier this year at Award Diffs:-

* A whole set of shelves were full of broken diffs from Rangers and BT-50s

* Award Diffs CEO bought a Navara (despite them having smaller faults eg EGR)

Personally, I wouldn't buy an Everest - new!

Even if I was a Ford fan, I would wait a while.

Wouldn't you make it so that changing a battery wouldn't cause the car to burn to the ground? What if that was a mother with her 3 kids in the car!!!

So I guess the answer to the poll is no

The amount of muppetry shown by the journo was impressive. Repeatedly ignored warning lights on the car telling him bad shit was happening. Forgot to mention that bit in the story. Was mentioned earlier in different stories but who cares when you can write saying hundreds of thousands of cars are going to kill everyone's children. Muppets.

• Like 1

Just IMO

I don't know how a 4x4 can get car of the year.

1. Too expensive

2. Less space than a wagon

3. Use more fuel than a wagon

4. Not the best in an accident

but the big one there is price. Look at the value of some of the other cars out there.

For gods sake the new Ford Focus ST is an amazing buy.

• Like 1

but the big one there is price. Look at the value of some of the other cars out there.

For gods sake the new Ford Focus ST is an amazing buy.

This is what stirs me up.

How can a super well-equipped and brilliantly-priced Mazda 6, Focus ST or WRX etc not win? Those are brilliant cars; reliable, great looking, feature full, safe, (more) economical... And I reckon they'd drive and handle better than the Everest also.

This is what stirs me up.

How can a super well-equipped and brilliantly-priced Mazda 6, Focus ST or WRX etc not win? Those are brilliant cars; reliable, great looking, feature full, safe, (more) economical... And I reckon they'd drive and handle better than the Everest also.

You are doing it wrong. Caring about any of the attributes that make a car good means you wont ever buy an SUV.

• Like 1