SAU Community

Gtt Tiptronic/limp Problems After Oil Change

Need some expert advice here guys because I am totally lost here and am going to attempt to get into my mechanic tomorrow.

Doing my routine oil filter and oil change after every 5k. Bought a 6L Nulon 10-40 instead of the 5L and as the last drop went in, I'd just realised I'd put the whole lot in.. okay.. relax, drained some out but definitely not 6L worth. The dipstick still reads way above high and the engine is running like absolute shit.

That, plus my automatic transmission is now playing up, the A/T light comes on and I struggled to get it back to my driveway. The first issue had it flash a few times, the second had it stay but I can turn the car off and on and it goes away, but engine is still rough as guts.

Any ideas?

Syphon some out through the dipstick if you're not game to try dropping more or the hole in the bottom. Then get back to us.

Been siphoning from the sump but I'll get some out then it'll stop and I won't get any more but the dipstick is wayyy above high.

Keep siphoning from the dipstick until I get a somewhat normal level? Start car, don't start car?

junkie, no mate, all stock standard, drained old oil, replaced old filter, filled up with new stuff as my previous oil was still pretty good, but thought I'd be economic and get the 6L for cheaper, without realising if poured the whole 6 in.