SAU Community

S2 Rs4s (factory Manual, Awd) Stagea Gearbox?

Hi Team

I have tried searching for this, but there seems to be alot of back and forth, no real definitive answer.... I have a 2000 model, series 2 RB25DETneo factory AWD manual stagea. The gearbox has a whine in every gear but 4th, and when sitting in nuetral clutch not depressed (countershaft bearing) because it ran with no oil for a short time.

Instead of getting it rebuilt, I just want to put another gearbox in it.

My question is, what gearbox is interchangeable!?

I assumed they ran an R33GTR gearbox? As It has the rest of the 33gtr drivetrain and rear end following it? My blue plate indicated a code of
* FS5R30 RC41 if that can indicate anything specific?

If a 33 gtr box fits a 32 gtr box fits too. They do have a different clutch and slave cylinder (push not pull) but otherwise they are the same.

Also 32 gtr boxes are nice and cheap, particularly considering how strong they are

late 32s did have a pull clutch, but they are rare and easy to spot externally (the fork and slave cylinder face opposite directions).

the gears are same on all 32 and 33 boxes, series 3 r33 had some detail differences in bearing and clips but nothing important for street use....they are effectively the same