SAU Community

Bnr32 Hicas Removal Question

So im in the middle of deleting the hicas. I have looped the lines and installed a delete kit for the rear.

My question is do i have to remove the vanes out of the pump or can i leave the pump as is?

Yes, that is what I did, I opened the pump and removed the whole rear wheel and reassembled the pump, that was 12 years ago now and it has never given me any issues, I also capped of the rear steer feed at the pump and removed all lines

Good to know. I started ripping apart the hicas system but a g clamp isnt enough to push the hicas ball joint out of the control arm so the car is at a workshop.

What happens if the leave the pump as is?

If it is looped at the back ends of the pipes.....nothing. Oil just goes round and round. The vane delete is if you want to remove all the plumbing including the stuff that runs under the engine to the rear stage of the pump. Otherwise you'd need to loop it at the pump.

I just swapped in an R34 engine (GTT -> GTSt, not GTR) and that took care of the pump! Would work the same on RB26 stuff too, seeing as hydraulic HICAS died in the arse on those too.