SAU Community

Largest Brakes Under R34 Gtt Stock 17" Wheels?

Adaptor would be difficult as commodore brake mounting points are a long way from outer edge of disc, if that makes sense. Normally an adaptor would move the Mount holes outwards, away from hub. I think in the case of putting commodore calipers it would be the opposite, and could get weird.

Thanks, that's what I gathered, otherwise everyone would already be running those right?

• 3 months later...

Still looking for potential upgrade options that would fit under the stock 17" GTT wheels.

The Just Jap Attkd range has the following front kit options that might suit:

• 4 piston 330x32mm
  • 6 piston 330x32mm
  • BIG 6 piston 330x32mm

I can't find much specs in terms of calipers and piston sizing or pads, I wonder how hard it is to find consumables for these?

I believe these are basically the same as the K-Sport / D2 / G4 brand ones.

1 hour ago, V28VX37 said:

Still looking for potential upgrade options that would fit under the stock 17" GTT wheels.

The Just Jap Attkd range has the following front kit options that might suit:

• 4 piston 330x32mm
  • 6 piston 330x32mm
  • BIG 6 piston 330x32mm

I can't find much specs in terms of calipers and piston sizing or pads, I wonder how hard it is to find consumables for these?

I believe these are basically the same as the K-Sport / D2 / G4 brand ones.

Which are basically copies of the AP brakes. I just went to Race Brakes and they matched them up (the stockers hardly lasted one track day). I got Pagid pads but there are probably some cheaper alternatives.