SAU Community

Looking For Testers: Alpha Omega Racing 1-piece Lightweight Alloy Tailshafts (rwd + Awd)

Hi all,

Alpha Omega Racing are looking for people that may be in the market and/or interesting in trialling their newly designed 1 piece alloy tailshaft. The guys at Alpha Omega Racing already produce an awesome 1 piece tailshaft to suit Z32 gearbox's in Silvia's and are looking to produce something similar to suit Skylines. You can view their current tailshaft here:

http://alphaomegaracing.com/p/90/c/71/All-Products/ALPHA-OMEGA/Z32-Gearbox-Conversion-Tailshaft-1-piece-3-5-lightweight-alloy.html

Current highlights are:

• 42% ROTATIONAL weight saving
  • 10,000RPM
  • 1,500Nm

alloy35shafts_800x600.jpg

There will be two new categories that Alpha Omega Racing are wanting to make tailshafts for, RWD and AWD Skylines.

RWD – Other than length, they will be exactly the same as the current spec tailshaft. Current plans will be to design and sell tailshafts suited for R33 GTS-t and R34 GTT.
RRP = $1090
ETA = 2 weeks

AWD – There will be more work involved in designing/producing these and as such cost/time will increase. They are wanting to design and sell for R32, R33, and R34 GTR.
RRP = ~$1450
ETA = 7 weeks

For initial testing, Alpha Omega Racing are looking to test tailshafts on R34 GTT’s and R34 GTR’s. The plan is to have three testers for each.

All testers will be required to leave a full deposit as security which will be 100% refunded on return. Shipping will be covered both ways so you don’t pay anything at all. Alternatively, testers can choose to purchase the tailshaft at the end of the test period and will be given a discounted price as a thank you (difference would be refunded from security deposit). There are no obligations.

What is Alpha Omega Racing looking for?

As a tester, you would be expected to provide detailed feedback regarding the installation of the tailshaft and its performance once fitted. It would be expected that once the tailshaft is fitted you would be actively driving your Skyline (street and/or track) in order to thoroughly test it.

You will need to remove your standard tailshaft and take a measurement for them, so that they can manufacture the shafts correctly for your exact model and trim level.

Anyone wanting to express interest in being a tester please either make a post in this thread of PM myself. Please include some basic details of current mods on your car and whether it is primarily driven on the street or on the track. There will only be a limited number of people chosen to test the tailshafts.

EOI required for:

- R32 GTR

- R33 GTR

- R34 GTR

- R33 GTST

- R34 GTT

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I have received a little bit of interest so far.

At this point we have the below confirmed:
- Matthew with his R34 GTR (3L)

- Myself with my R34 GTT (time attack/hill climb)

If you are interested please either post here or shoot me a PM expressing so.

Remember, if you decide not to keep it there is no cost for the experience :)