SAU Community

Wheel Alignment Not Getting Fixed.

Hi

I purchased brand new tires from Bridgestone last month, they did wheel alignment and balancing, after 3 weeks I started noticing noise from the front left Tyre and steering vibration when I drive 70+ speed, I also see steering turning to left side on a straight road even driving at 30 speed, went to bridge stone straight away, they said there is no problem, next days drove to Canberra from Brisbane, terrible drive with lots of steering vibration but I had no other option, went to bridgestone Canberra, they said they found alignment was out and they have fixed it, but I noticed it is not fixed, came back to Brisbane, again terrible drive and went back to bridgestone and as expected they again said all is well, wheels are balanced and aligned properly.

What options I have now??

• should I go to any other wheel shop?
  • I am sure bridgestone shop has an computerized wheel balance machine and other shops would be having same machine, then what is point going to different shop? have they got a better machine?
  • could it be a wheel issue not a Tyre issue?

I am driving Honda Civic 2007 auto and 108,000 kms. When I purchased 3 years ago, i had dunlop from beaurepaires fitted, I never had any issue.

Stop going to that shop, go elsewhere.

Tyre shops are hit an miss. I've paid $400 in alignments and my car's front wheel alignment is still broken, in fact I did a better job at home using just my eyes and driving down the street.

Most tyre places are there to move as many tyres as possible, they won't pay much attention to your specific needs.

Could be a worn bush or loose bolt somewhere. Try rotating the wheels around to see if the problem follows one wheel.

Get a printout from them so you can see what they have done.

Check underneath for loose bolts damaged or bent components.

Check wheel bearings.

Get a recommendation for a good wheel alignment shop.