SAU Community

Airbag Flashing Light Codes

Having the usual airbag light issue and cannot now cancel it by the ignition key method, had a diagnostic on it and the code B1161 CRD RH open was in history. Chris Rogers is saying new seat belts at $600 + each is the solution can anybody offer an alternative solution.

I'm pretty sure I had that code when I removed standard seats as the new ones are Recaros so don't have the airbag plug etc underneath. Sounds like maybe the unit in the seat has crapped itself. Try putting in a new seat or unplugging the seat side of the harness and wiring a 2.2ohm resistor into the body side harness.

Scott those numbers came up when Matty scanned the car, he,s previously had issues with airbag lights on different brands which have been bad connections, an item in the steering wheel and various others all a lot cheaper than new seats/belts

Are the plugs under the seat plugged in? Are they factory seats?

If you end up needing seats I've got a pair of front cloth black seats in good condition. Good luck

If I recall, using a cable tie to tighten the two ends of the connector together fixed the warning light for some people in the past (never had it personally, so can't confirm).

Might be worth a try before anything else?

Standard factory cloth seats Phil and all the plugs look to be ok but thanks for the offer of the seats will keep it in mind, really pisses me off that Nissan can build such a good car then stuff things up like this silly bloody airbag issue.

Before touching ANY airbag circuitry, disconnect both positive & negative battery terminals & wait 5-10 minutes before disconnecting anything. Not doing so can cause issues. The majority of airbag components/systems MAXIMUM resistance is 4 Ohmns. Anything over this will result in a fault.

Its likely damage has occurred to the seat belt SRS ram (pyrotechnic device) when you changed your seats.