SAU Community

Increasing Tyre Width

If for nothing more than the appearance, stupid idea. This is especially true if you will go from well fitting wheel/tyre combo to one where the sidewalls will bag out.

Additionally, your speedo error will change. Granted, it's only 3%, but it's 3% slower reading, making it that much easier to get busted for speeding.

A little more info would possibly help. What car and what size wheels?

If for nothing more than the appearance, stupid idea. This is especially true if you will go from well fitting wheel/tyre combo to one where the sidewalls will bag out.

Additionally, your speedo error will change. Granted, it's only 3%, but it's 3% slower reading, making it that much easier to get busted for speeding.

A little more info would possibly help. What car and what size wheels?

The sidewalls won't bag out as the feders stick out about 15mm from the body. I'm not really fussed about the speedo. The car is an r34 25gt and I believe the wheels are 8 inch

In this case.....245 is not too wide for an 8" wide wheel. But it is not a normal size for these cars. Are the wheels the original 25GT ones? If they are, then they aren't 8" wide.

Given that they have 225s on there now, the sidewalls should be somewhat stretched on an 8" rim. Should look a bit weak.

In this case.....245 is not too wide for an 8" wide wheel. But it is not a normal size for these cars. Are the wheels the original 25GT ones? If they are, then they aren't 8" wide.

Given that they have 225s on there now, the sidewalls should be somewhat stretched on an 8" rim. Should look a bit weak.

Nah I've got works on them at the moment