SAU Community

Hello,

I am planning to do some serious modification and change front differential and the rear differential because i am not sure if its working correctly.....Both of them are stock as i know so with big milage.

I have been loosing front torque from time to time and A-LSD lights up on my gauges. Then i have only RWD and the car handles like shit.

I am trying to eliminate some parts that can cause this problem and thinking about these diffs....

What do you think about this? Can the problem be with one of the differentials?

What are the best differentials actually on the market for the rear and the front and what can you recommend?

The car is for daily driving more often then track use. So it needs to handle smoothly

Regards

Front diff is not an LSD and rarely gives trouble. If you want to replace it with an LSD Quaife is the go.

Most popular replacement for the rear is Nismo

But your problem does not sound diff related. To start with there is a thread above with instructions on how to bring your A-LSD back to proper working order if you want to try that before replacing it.

More likely you have an Attessa problem.

Check the level of the Attessa fluid in the reservoir and try bleeding (one nipple back of the gearbox and another above the diff).

Check the Attessa ECU for fault codes (dodgy sensors, faulty pump etc).

There is quite a bit of info in this section on how to rebuild your transfer box if that is where the fault lies (replace or re-arrange the clutch plates in the transfer box).

I checked my ATESSA computer today and ABS sensors and the sensors were very dirty. I drove today 200km without LSD light so i hope it was just the sensors. I will update later.

By the way i have some other issue with the drivetrain.....

I can hear weird noise coming from the front of the car. This sound is similar to sequential gearbox but not that loud. This sound is getting louder and faster while traveling at higher speeds.

I also notice that the front torque gauge was jumping up to the max and down while traveling at stable speed....it happens sometimes only and started about 2 weeks ago first time.

Is it possible that the front differential sounds loud like this and its worn?

By the way are there any other worn bearings that i need to change in the drivetrain in the front while replacing the new differential?

Are there any other bearings in the front drivetrain that can sound loud like this?

Regards