SAU Community

Clutch upgrade 500-600hp pull type R33 GTR

Hello,

Need a new clutch that can handle about 500-600hp. I dont want to do any convertions for push type. I am interested only in pull type.

I am thinking about this one

https://www.nengun.com/nismo/super-coppermix-twin-plate-clutch

Anybody has some experiences with this type of clutch?

The set of coppermix include light flywheel .I have heard that the light flywheel is the bad option due to engine vibration and i dont want that. 

What can you recommend?

The car is for daily driving so it need to be smooth in the traffic and push hard on tracks without any clutch slippery. BUT i dont plan to do any drag racing and launches from 8000rpm.

Coppermix is one of the best clutches you can get.

End thread because if you did a basic search you would have already known the answer.

Go and search, read the 100 threads on clutches, and then come back and say sorry.

1 hour ago, XGTRX said:

End thread because if you did a basic search you would have already known the answer.

Go and search, read the 100 threads on clutches, and then come back and say sorry.

All of this.

coppermix C spec. Done and dusted.

10 hours ago, XGTRX said:

line 1 great

line 2....hmmm...but I guess everyone gets impatient with repeated questions

line 3.....why put shit on new members?  what sort of forum would this be if we only had members who already knew everything? 

Try a welcoming attitude as a forum upgrade present!

BTW, there is nothing wrong with a lightened flywheel, and it would certainly not lead to vibrations. Any flywheel or clutch could be out of balance which would cause vibration, not just a lightened one.  I prefer the feel because the engine is more responsive, it can make it a little trickier to pull away from a stop, especially uphill where more revs might be needed.

• Like 5

XGTRX, i am already sorry that i get into Spec clutches because they are piece of shit, and already lost 1000 USD

Anyway i may try this coppermix but driving in traffics may be pain on the ass? This is what one dude said on different forum

" Hi I have the above clutch in question in my 33 gtr. It's an awesome clutch for launching one of the best I have had, but I found it has worn very quickly as it's not really for everyday use. It's not good in traffic, but saying that most ain't!! I have heard very good reviews about extreme clutches and that would be my next clutch, apparently they drive lovely in traffic and are state of the art, they are meant to wear much better. As I said the nismo clutch launches extremely well, it has to be one of the best I ever launched on "

20 minutes ago, Tomak said:

XGTRX, i am already sorry that i get into Spec clutches because they are piece of shit, and already lost 1000 USD

Anyway i may try this coppermix but driving in traffics may be pain on the ass? This is what one dude said on different forum

" Hi I have the above clutch in question in my 33 gtr. It's an awesome clutch for launching one of the best I have had, but I found it has worn very quickly as it's not really for everyday use. It's not good in traffic, but saying that most ain't!! I have heard very good reviews about extreme clutches and that would be my next clutch, apparently they drive lovely in traffic and are state of the art, they are meant to wear much better. As I said the nismo clutch launches extremely well, it has to be one of the best I ever launched on "

It's not hard to use daily at all. It has a high pick up point that some may find a little strange. If you find it hard to use, seriously, buy an auto.

39 minutes ago, Duncan said:

line 3.....why put shit on new members?  what sort of forum would this be if we only had members who already knew everything? 

Try a welcoming attitude as a forum upgrade present!

Rather I will give words of wisdom, 

The more you read through the results in the search function, the more knowledgeable you will become and in this case the more obvious the answer is.

Yes they are good clutches and yes they are highly recommended. 

On a side note, what's the best melody on musical air horns?

I was thinking of connecting to my MAP sensor to trigger a La Cucaracha every time I come on boost. I used the search function and couldn't find anything.

• Like 1

La Cucaracha is this another clutch manufacturer you can advise?

Are you trying to be a wise guy with me? By the way you are funny guy....

Your job on this forum is to answer new users questions :P

I know what is the search function, and guess what i have already read some topics. My question was more about light flywheel.

But now i think i taka a chance and buy this set up. Its expensive but i dont have much choice anyway.

11 hours ago, Piggaz said:

It's not hard to use daily at all. It has a high pick up point that some may find a little strange. If you find it hard to use, seriously, buy an auto.

That seems a bit odd, why would the pick up point be any different? Is the pressure place a non-standard height?

In any case, if it does come out at an odd height is there a reason the pedal can't be adjusted back to normal?

11 hours ago, Tomak said:

What makes the Spec clutch shit so it needed to be changed out? And those comments on the nismo clutch all look like opinions not facts other than the claim it worse "quickly", whatever that is. I can't even imagine what "launching well" means; a clutch either grips or slips, and if it slips it either recovers well or it doesn't.

I can't think of any negative feedback I've seen from Coppermix users, except for complaints about the price!

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

That seems a bit odd, why would the pick up point be any different? Is the pressure place a non-standard height?

In any case, if it does come out at an odd height is there a reason the pedal can't be adjusted back to normal?

Not sure if it can be played with. The 5 or 6 coppermix equipped cars I've driven have all felt the same.

Mates was a bit high so we adjusted the rod.. 1 minute before a track session... the wrong way... not that smart but we did sort it in the end .

They drive fine. If you have 5km of stop start traffic on the way to work every morning then... buy a daily 

On 12.07.2016 at 11:38 PM, Duncan said:

What makes the Spec clutch shit so it needed to be changed out? 

It slips and the pressure plate got twisted from the heat. The Spec 2 last only 20 000km and sterted to slip and the disc ended glued together with pressure plate so i could not put any gear ;///// My car was pushing only 400hp

They are making really shit disc this days.....You pay lots of money and think you buy a good thing and this is what you get. I have spent almost 1000 USD for this piece of shit.