SAU Community

Midnight Purple Touch up paint

smidy

Hi guys and gals,

Was  going to get some touch up paint for my 33 gtr around brisy after a few phonecalls someone pointed out Supercheap. I was a bit sceptical at first but they seem to be able to provide it but the paint codes they have represent 2 different midnight purples but the same code. they are both LP2 but one has a dark purple metallic with small amount red metallic and other is dark purple metallic. I would have thought the 2nd is the correct choice but didnt want to be wrong. Its only for a few scuff marks around the base of my front bar but dont want it to be different obviously. Any experts know which is which. It is for 33 GTR V-spec 95'. Thanks

Trial and error basically it's just a variant of the same colour as paint gets mixed in massive batches and sometimes there a bit off so after market paint company's will list differnt variants of it, normally in a panel shop you would make up a small quantity and check it against the car and if wrong try the other

good luck....
had a r33 gtr midnight purple also...

wanted to spray my series 3 lip midnight purple to match the car. tried out supercheap, tried some stupid expensive paint from car paint suppliers. nothing came close and it was a bitch to paint.

My track car is also midnight purple, have decided to change the colour and spray it completely to save the hassle!  

Cheers guys its only a couple small marks so not too stressed, i think i will run with the dark purple over the red metallic addition as that seems more logical and due to it being a 95 and one of the first of the series i figure the dark purple would represent midnight purple and maybe they experimented a little further with colour in the later models......I hope, if there is any logic behind that lol Thanks again.

If the car is still factory mnp then get the pitwork touch up paint from rhd Japan. I did that for my mnp gtr and had no issues with the colour match. It was bang on.

But if yours has been resprayed then it might be slightly different.

Don't know if you have already sorted it out but I also have a 33 in midnight purple LP2. I work at supercheap and have mixed myself a few cans that match my car well but its so hard to tell from the pictures. Here is my colour for what its worth. I don't think mine has the red in it.

33.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for loooooong wait for reply but the lp2 without the red metallic worked a treat!! Came up perfect colour match. As mine is a series 1 95' model maybe made a difference.