SAU Community

Shockworks Presents Round 9 - Sandown Raceway 1st Oct | Grand Final Day

acsplit

Cams Manual Schedule D - Apparel

http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/GeneralRequirements/GQ05-Schedule-D-2016-1.pdf

We're "Race" / "Multi Club"... So Helmet level is "B"...

In the table it seems to list "E22 (with 03, 04 or 05 amendments)" which looks like your helmet. But don't quote me on that, that table is confusing as hell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OYEAHA said:

Ha ha yeah thanks for that@Odium i found that table super confusing too ! Just strange you dont need a as/nzs sticker on a road approved helmet

Sorry was busy earlier could not reply in length.

the ECE is accepted by vic roads as well now so it's not just CAMS that are accepting it.

so Snell, ECE, AS and BS we accept.

• Like 1

Thanks Martin :)

Yep in my search for the answer I came across an article saying that they were road legal in Victoria since mid 2015, but still illegal if you travel to certain other states on your motorbike (ridiculous considering that you can be considered "Safe" in a $75 helmet, but not in a $750 helmet)

Thanks for the clarification

Hello :-)
I just bought a fire extinguisher, its a 1kg cams approved, the date on the neck is 03 2016. The lovely man at the shop assured me that it was the make date i just want to confirm. Is it valid 3yrs from that date? Im having trouble getting my head around whats an expiry date/make date. Any help would be appreciated. Tegan

19 minutes ago, fdrx7 said:

Hello :-)
I just bought a fire extinguisher, its a 1kg cams approved, the date on the neck is 03 2016. The lovely man at the shop assured me that it was the make date i just want to confirm. Is it valid 3yrs from that date? Im having trouble getting my head around whats an expiry date/make date. Any help would be appreciated. Tegan

Yes that is correct. 3 years from manufacture date

Unless it specifically says "Expiry Date" then consider it a Manufacture date, as different uses have different time spans (for the same equipment)... Stupid I know.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2016 at 10:35 PM, acsplit said:

I was just about to post this, yep contact brendan during office hours garage $50 can fit two cars

Damn that's cheap, PI was like 4 times that

• Latest Posts

• New dampening settings are much nicer or crappy roads, I've also noticed no difference when throwing the car around on smooth twisty roads In other news: Idle hands are the devils play things, or, more correctly, my typical while we're in there 5hit, and too much time on my hands with online shopping  Some new purchases for the 2.5 swap Fancy pants new 32mm triple flow radiator, because the old radiator is old and needs to come out for the 2.5 swap anyway Gates fancy pants water pump, because recommended with the new radiator  Plus a new silicone coolant hose kit,  because old hoses are old And a sump baffle thingo, because while I won't track the MX5, I'll probably track the MX5, maybe, probably......but, while we're in there anyway, as the FWD 2.5 sump needs to gets replaced with the RWD 2.0 sump, so, yeah I am loving driving the MX5 around everywhere, the poor old Bogan Cruise Ship hasn't really moved in months
    • You all are absolute legends! Thank you for helping me put this into context with your comparisons!
    • There's probably an underlying issue with the A/C system too. I recently fixed mine, now it's fully control by the Haltech and car's factory HVAC controller  Have a squiz here:    
    • And by the way, I've also checked the ECU diagnostic numerous times and got a bad O2 sensor code and initially an Ignition Primary code, which is why I replaced the O2 sensor and all the ignition components (coil packa, plug and loom). No codes have been coming up lately despite the ongoing issue.