SAU Community

R34 Aftermarket bar doesn't fit.

00RORY

Hey there,

I've being having a shit of a week dealing with this guy on ebay who sells aftermarket bars for R34's.

The front bar doesn't meet up with the bottom of the bonnet, however the seller says 

"you can either modify your own car steel bar or get a gtr from nissan.  he probably tell you you will need the headlight support as well which you can also modify your own one to fit."

Can anyone give me help as to what me means by this? Would a front reo bar from a GTR help? or is there a bar that runs behind the overhanging piece?

I feel a bit silly for asking here but I can't go look at my own car because it's at the shop.

Thanks guys.

20160818_124540.jpg

20160818_124544.jpg

2 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

Is that a genuine GTR bonnet? 

Looks like a Z-tune replica bumper?

It's not genuine anything, turns out it's a fake copy of an eastbear kit.

The ebay listing said "East bear" in the title, but it's not genuine.

Heres the ebay page http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172048552624?euid=f488992ae7db454a8ef4fb8dab37aa20&bu=44495797078&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

and I've attached a photo from it.

Screenshot_20160728-155108.png

Just now, jmknights93 said:

Ah yeah, I've seen that eBay listing. I was very curious about fitment.

Shame about the poor fitment and poor support from seller.

I've ordered a GTR part that should run along the back of the top part of the bar, hopefully that pulls it up a bit.

I can't refund it because I don't have the original packaging to ship it back, If it doesnt work at all the GTR parts can be used for a genuine GTR conversion, but funds is an issue.

The original front bar got pretty badly damaged at Wakefield so I've had to order something in a hurry because this is my daily, but thats gone out the window now.

Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, 00RORY said:

I've ordered a GTR part that should run along the back of the top part of the bar, hopefully that pulls it up a bit.

I can't refund it because I don't have the original packaging to ship it back, If it doesnt work at all the GTR parts can be used for a genuine GTR conversion, but funds is an issue.

The original front bar got pretty badly damaged at Wakefield so I've had to order something in a hurry because this is my daily, but thats gone out the window now.

Thanks for your help.

lol screw that. just put the label directly on the bar and send it back. 

Did it really cost you $1,300?!? Get your money back! You can get cheap replicas for a few hundred that will probably fit better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's come to an end the GTR parts helped the bar out slightly, but the fitment is still pretty shithouse. 

Anyone looking to buy a kit from this guy on ebay, "godsmind66should seriously reconsider.

Seller also sent me a bunch of text messages and called me a few times, but I didn't pick up.

Luckily I not much of a show car kinda guy, and if it can take me to a track i'll be happy with that, but sucks getting scammed.

20160831_172216.jpg

20160831_172213.jpg

On 9/5/2016 at 11:03 AM, Adz2332 said:

i know its far from ideal but to cover the bonnet and front bar gap would a bonnet lip help?

Yeah probably would, but I'm looking to getting a GTR reo bar and fenders and going via that route.