SAU Community

How to install Mac Valve with Haltech (R32 GT-R)

How to install Mac Valve with Haltech (R32 GT-R)

Hey everyone, first post so don't kill me :)

I'm currently trying to figure out how to install a mac valve (35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA) in my R32 GT-R. I currently have a Haltech Pro Pug-In V2 and need to know if I am going to wire the mac valve into the ECU, or just cut the stock wires going to stock boost controller and wire the mac valve to those? Also I was wondering which of the hoses going to the stock boost controller go to which ports on the Mac Valve? Finally, attached to the same mount where the stock boost controller is, there is a silver box that says JEGS on it...What does it do?

Rewire the MAC to the ECU. If it's not already controlled by the ECU you'll need to enable the outputs in the Haltech software. The wires are non specific so you just need to run 12v to one wire, the other to the ECU input you chose when you switched it on in the tuning software, it doesn't matter which way around. On the MAC valve it shows what goes where for your hoses. One is a vent, one to the boost reference on the engine and the other to the wastegate actuator/s. If you're running twins and have got a 4 port MAC (I'd recommend it) then you'll have one output for each actuator hose.  

Depending on what sized barb fittings came with it you might need to get bigger fittings to suit the size of the wastegate actuator pipe size. FIT CLAMPS TO THE HOSES!!! The last thing you want is a hose popping off an actuator.

Hopefully that helps!

If you want to have a go depending on how you have mounted the Mac Valve the boost reference goes to the right, the centre is the vent and the left goes to the actuators - but test carefully in case you have accidentally allowed unlimited boost.

You may need a new cable to the ECU although theoretically you can use the old boost controller wires.

But unless you know how to tune the Haltech you may as well let the tuner hook up the Mac Valve.

Ok, so I'm hearing not to just use the wires on the stock boost controller, but to wire it to the aux section of the Haltech. Can I just remove the boost controller and leave the wires hanging if I go this rout? 

Finding where the hoses go seems like a bit of a head ache in this tight engine bay, so I posted a pic of the stock boost controller. Lets call the hose at the bottom hose 1 and the one out the side as hose 2. Which hoses goes with with ports on the Mac Valve?

Does anyone know what the silver box attached to the same mount as the boost controller with JEGS on it does?

I will be taking this car to a tuner when ready, but they wanted to charge me $150 to install the Mac Valve, so I'd rather just do it may self before I take it down.

Thanks

20161119_234942.jpg

3 hours ago, Shoota_77 said:

If you're running twins and have got a 4 port MAC (I'd recommend it) then you'll have one output for each actuator hose. 

No issues with the rest of your post, its quite helpful, but i'll pull you up here. No.

If you have twins run a 3 port and tee the feed to the actuators after the MAC valve.
4 ports are a similar, but different actuator. A 3 port basically switches between "feeding" the actuator either boost, or atmosphere (through the vent). A 4 port instead feeds one output boost and the other atmosphere, and when triggered, it switches the two around. A 4 port is something you need when you have a twin port waste gate actuator (and even then you can hook up a 3 port to those types of actuators, a 4 port just makes the more effective at holding heaps more boost than their spring pressure).

1 hour ago, whitetiger777 said:

Ok, so I'm hearing not to just use the wires on the stock boost controller, but to wire it to the aux section of the Haltech. Can I just remove the boost controller and leave the wires hanging if I go this rout? 

Finding where the hoses go seems like a bit of a head ache in this tight engine bay, so I posted a pic of the stock boost controller. Lets call the hose at the bottom hose 1 and the one out the side as hose 2. Which hoses goes with with ports on the Mac Valve?

Does anyone know what the silver box attached to the same mount as the boost controller with JEGS on it does?

I will be taking this car to a tuner when ready, but they wanted to charge me $150 to install the Mac Valve, so I'd rather just do it may self before I take it down.

Thanks

20161119_234942.jpg

Wires wise i'll leave that for someone else to explain. But I don't think you can use the stock ones.
piping wise, this picture explains what's going on. What I had done with mine was block off both of the lines that had gone to the boost controller, and left wires hanging, and installed the boost controller in the 8mm line out of the plenum, up to the firewall where the valve was, then back down onto the green line that runs under the plenum in this image.
http://sites.google.com/site/tyndago/RB26VacuumDiagram.rev3.JPG