SAU Community

End of No Limits Events

AMR33

End of No Limits Events

This is probably more pertinent to people in WA, but it has come to my attention that No Limits Car Club will be no more. It seems that they are unable to afford the hire fee of Barbagallo raceway and their event on 15 December 2016 will be the last. It also doesn't look like the RAC track will re-open, and with it goes the MC Motorsport State Sprint Championship. This means that two of the major events which amateur drivers have enjoyed for years will come to an end. It is really disappointing to see this sort of thing happen and its even sadder when our state government sits back and does nothing to support these sorts of events. The state government is always going on about how it strives to make our roads safer but its efforts to do so are primitive and one dimensional. Their only response is to continue to draft draconian road legislation and to exorbitantly penalize any car enthusiast who dares to enjoy their car on a public road. However, when it comes to supporting events such as the no limits events on Thursday nights at Barbagallo, where enthusiasts have a chance to enjoy their cars in a safe and controlled environment, state and local government do nothing by way of support. It is disgusting. I am truly sad and disappointed by the state of motorsport in WA and even more disappointed in our government representatives who seem useless when it comes to supporting these sorts of events.

• Like 2

State governments support sport with $ to varying degrees, depending on what it is and how many people are involved. Sounds a bit silly for the owners of Barbagello to price themselves out of the market but then again perhaps racers don't want to pay a realistic entry fee. Generally speaking by world standards we in AU have had it on the cheap in the past.

+ 1  to all of this is not good at any level

From people with a normal street car that wants to punt it around a track safely, a guy I was talking to spent 3 years and all of his hard earned $ just finished his s13 silvia and was his first event out last month to me who uses it as both my monthly 'night out' and good track time where there is timing and use it as my 'time attack' development

I don't know if it will help or not but I have put my hand up to the people that run it to help in anyway I can including extra $ to increase the potential for them to keep the events alive !

Edited by bcozican

On 11/22/2016 at 7:39 AM, bcozican said:

+ 1  to all of this is not good at any level

From people with a normal street car that wants to punt it around a track safely, a guy I was talking to spent 3 years and all of his hard earned $ just finished his s13 silvia and was his first event out last month to me who uses it as both my monthly 'night out' and good track time where there is timing and use it as my 'time attack' development

I don't know if it will help or not but I have put my hand up to the people that run it to help in anyway I can including extra $ to increase the potential for them to keep the events alive !

It's a real shame but there's always the WASCC events (race tuning days etc), AFRCC do track days, etc. etc.. No Limits wasn't the be all and end all!

totally agree not be all and end all for sure... I do tuning days and all that

for me right now I want to get times.... Its just what I want to do. And Id rather rather get 35+ laps timed in 4 hours on a Thurs night than at a speed event approx. 25 laps that literally takes all day

bang for your buck couldn't beat it for the average punter