SAU Community

R34 GTR suspension settings?

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

Aligner is telling me if I can grab some castor arms before coming in that would be good as they're not adjustable factory and tend to pull left because they're a bit shorter one side from factory so they will pull left naturally. 

Any truth in that? 

No - as Andrew points out it will pull left because of the camber of the road surface - he is referring to factory castor settings not arms. That's why SK suggests giving the LH an extra 1/4 degree of castor.

Given ride height of the car (even with it on max height as the BCs are just a low coilover) and all factory arms there was only so much that could be done. Car is driving straighter now though. 

Ended up with roughly:

Front:

Camber: Approx -1.5ish both sides

Toe: Approx 1mm toe out both sides

Caster was around 3.5-4 both sides, no adjustment in that factory, need to do the R33 conversion with separate arms. 

Rear: 
Camber: Approx -2 both sides.

Toe: approx 1mm toe in both sides.

See how it goes. 

Not bad, would have toed in a little more at the rear if you plan on tracking it but it does smash tyres unfortunately.

oh look, I drove your car around Hakone and Mazda Turnpike in November when in Japan haha.

Man the stock R34 GTR was so slooowwwwwwwww, lag, transient response sucked balls.

IMG-20161115-WA0026.jpg

The lower output lets you savor the revs more in my opinion, i went from 270wkw relatively stock to 320wkw and yes it's quicker, but 270 with stock turbos and exhaust is plenty enough car to enjoy on the street without having to hang on for dear life/licence. 

Edited by squareznboxez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Track day has been done, car was quite prone to understeer and had bulk rear grip. Needed more front camber and not to be running 400 treadwear tyres, yes I said 400 lol

Lots of tyre squeel. 

3 deg front camber seems ideal for track but will be a pain on the road. Cusco camber arms are quality. Have you upgraded your rear sway bar? That should help with understeer.