SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

I have to admit I had the same thought as Greg. Is there a sales side to it? As in hussle to make deals and hit targets?

I can definitely feel the appeal of leaving IT though. I say hello to the post lady every day when I'm out with the dogs. She's always out delivering letters around the same time and seems very chill. I somewhat doubt Australia Post is paying six figures though. And it's not cheap running an old Nissan...

14 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

CSV? Come on lad, I'm all about PowerBI these days.

I would consider working as a PowerBI or ZOHO DataPrep consultant, but nah, I've had enough of IT. Two decades of being in somewhat in an industry I kind of just chose because I had zero guidance when I was younger.

PowerBI you say... I hate that Microsoft shit... Ha ha ha

Have you ever done much coding to build a connector plugin for PowerBI?

Most of the stuff I do at work through our API is all custom scripts, so easy peasy, but PowerBI prefers a custom connector, otherwise it's a pain the ass making a HTTPS endpoint due to all the variations we can have in our system.

We have both API you can call, and web hook alerting. You can receive a post request from on specific events.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• I'm on the same type of roster. But over a mil is just over what we can accomplish.  Since we didn't have a deposit pre covid and rented, we were priced out for much longer than we were hoping. But, I already travel an hour each way to work and don't want to go further out. Anything closer to work goes up in price. Larger blocks as well, as developers are trying to buy the area and sub divide. And we just don't have 2mil + to compete for a 10-100 acre block.
    • That is simply a very good example of the important of perspective. The c8 is no big deal if you see them all the time, just like a GTR is no big deal to us
    • The one that does my head in is the guy with a R34 GTR that's mostly stock and making content with it. Next to it in the garage is a C8 Z06.
    • Feel free to send a few $200 Firebirds over here, and a Corvette or too as well please.   I'll send all my RB stuff I have left your way, and see if I can find you some RB30 blocks too. Oh, and send that 6L LS you've got too.   Thanks!   Yes, I am annoyed at how many cool awesome cars are in America stupidly cheap, and comparatively Australia wants billionaire money for a VN commodore that's rusted out...
    • What we're looking for will likely be 1-1.5mill, but the jump we've had in the value of this property having bought in early/mid COVID has been a blessing (though it did bump our initial price a bit). It seems though the rural around here hasn't moved anywhere near as much as suburban. The 1-5 acre places have, but not the really big places, and I only need to go 15-20 further out of the CBD from where I am. And heck, in peak hour, it's only a 40-50 minute drive to the actual CBD from where I am anyway. And thankfully, work is no where near the CBD either, as the traffic turns to shit, I take an exit, and pull into my works car park 😛   Plus side, I also do 10 hour days, 4 days a week, and take a 3 day weekend. Which means I normally skip afternoon peak (or only hit the tail end of it)