SAU Community

Any Skyline owners metal heads?

SilverR33GTS25

Any Skyline owners metal heads?

Hey, a music forum page here, cool!

I am thinking that surely some Skyline heads who like their cars with speed, power, and grunt, who would like their music the same way? The two go well together. Try listening to some ripping speed / thrash / death metal while ripping up the road in a speed machine, Hehehe, what a blast.

Been into metal since my good ol' high school days (and I'm pushing 50 now, how some things never change) , and listen to it all (well, most of it all, as there's some stuff that some people call metal, which I do not) from classic metal, to power metal (I'm talking real power, not the flowery false stuff) , speed / thrash, and death metal. Will be good to see some other metal heads here. I'll post some play lists soon. Won't be light reading though, Hehehe.

• Like 5

Classic metal is good......some newer stuff I can handle, but not into throat cancer candidates......probably cos its outside my 'era'.

Black Sabbath, Pantera, Tool, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Buffalo etc etc.....Not a Metallica fan cos of Napster

i grew up in the era of Korn, Metalica, Sunk lotto, Deftones, tool ect.

im still a big fan of ausy metal. was listening to Caulfield this morning on Spotify. quite good.

Dead letter circus is less heavy but so good.

Architects are another recent fave

Edited by GH05T

Hahaha definitely metal head. Not heaps of old stuff but can't ever go wrong with Metallica, slayer, megadeath. best part about metal is it's real music not audio tune vocals or anything. Love new metal above all, parkway drive, the amity affliction, Thy Art Is Murder, The ghost inside. My list is endless.

• 1 month later...

I can't hate Metallica, even with the Napster thing. The way I see it, they lost that war and someone else was eventually going to kick up a legal fuss, if not them. Was pretty much Lars' doing anyway.

Having seen them live in the last few years, wow...to be playing the same music at that age and still be belting it out with the energy of 20 somethings doing their first gig...so impressed. They get played daily in our household.

I think Korn counts as nu metal, but I love listening to them and others (Slipknot etc.) before a weights session at the gym.

• 4 months later...

I spent a year in Norway and saw some great bands.
Google on YouTube.
Hurra Torpedo
Black Debbath
The Cumshots
Turboneger
Enslaved
Wardruna
Gorgoroth

• 7 years later...

The older I get the more mellow my music has become 

I grew up listening to 70's and 80's punk and heavy metal, nowadays it's to pointlessly angry

Now, I'm more classical music, hell, me and the Mrs go to the Opera house now 

I do on occasion listen to some old punk stuff, but it is rare

I still regularly listen to Iggy & The Stooges, all the original British metal bands from the 70s (and bleeding into the 80s), Metallica (even though Lars is a bit of a dick), Tool (which is only "metal" because some of it has distortion - it is otherwise obviously everything but metal), most other proper prog rock stuff (my daughter is still trying to steal my Rush t-shirt for wearing to gigs), and so on.

But pretty much all speed metal, thrash, nu-metal, anything with gargoyle growling, can go eat a bowl of dicks.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Well, you'd have to. The non-26 RBs do not have IAT sensors anywhere else that you could replace if you wanted to.
    • Glad I found this thread. I recently got bunch of mods put in. Hypergear turbo, 650cc injectors, walbro pump, haltech ecu. I got their iat that came with it and I was thinking about drilling and taping my J pipe to install it. Pic for reference. 
    • It's OK. You now have something you can do as soon as you get bored with it. Mark your calendars. I predict a Xmas present for Mark.
    • OK, slight problems with the cams, they weren't actually installed, LOL and Fark at the same time...... After looking at the curve, and, talking to MX5 Mania on the phone, and talking to the tuner, and then everyone talking to each other, and then looking at the quote, which had the cams included, and then looking at the work done, and the final bill for what work and parts I actually paid for and what was actually done, i.e. no bill for the cams or their installation, the cams were apparently missed during installation,  and hence no bill for them.....fark I really should have looked at the itemised bill when I picked the car up,  and probably checked on it more when at the shop during installation  They did apologise profusely for missing it on the initial quote they sent, and asked if I wanted to go ahead with the cams anyway, which I did when the engine was out, and the car was in the shop for a week, now, not so much  In the end though, the car goes so much better than it did before and I'm happy with the work that did get done As for the money that would have gone on the cams, well that will get redirected to the detachable hard top budget, and/or beer... Mark is still slightly jaded though, as you would expect 
    • When you do the hours I do, and deal with the amount of morons you'll understand. Also working for a corporation, they're always monitoring you, they're always expecting you to work and be available for fixed hours of the day and never seem to notice the hours you do outside of the prescribed hours - but in some way they expect you to do it anyway. I'm just burnt out. And not really, it's not lucrative and easy AF as you may think, I spent about 2 to 3 solid days per loan (if you were to condense them down). Most of the time you spend going through talking to the client, going through lenders/products/options then the document analysis, etc. then the gruelling part, the data entry 🫠 Once I leave the corporate world, no more fixed salary, as a broker I'm working on $0 salary, 100% comms.   Depends, if you worked for a broking company then there would be deals/targets. As I'm a contractor to another broking firm, I just work to my own terms and serve my own clients and if I choose to, I can take leads from the company too. All my comms are clipped by the company I contract with, however they provide me with software, licencing, insurance, branding, etc. You'll be surprised what Australia Post pays, you'll be crying, especially those who joined a while back, e.g. the boomers and early Gen Xers. Not to disclose too much, but an average postal truck driver that would do normal hours and pick up 1x day on the weekend would earn as much as me in my corporate job.   I came from a Tableau background, so at the start fk me PowerBI pissed me off, especially when you have datasets (like sales data) with missing continuous dates, the entire dashboard would shit the bed. I literally had to create a dynamic date table (using min(invoice_date) and getdate()) to create the table, THEN link all the sales data back to it. Pain in the arse! But after 5 years of fking about with it, it's ok.. I don't mind it lol. I'm lucky all the PowerBI publishing I do is all internal, and authenticated using M365 account, no fancy shit required and I just embed dashboards into channels inside Teams.